Senior Data Engineer
About Our Company:
Prodege provides full vertical consumer influence solutions that reduces friction between brands and consumers. Each month we deliver more than 1 Billion engagement impressions to our brand partners in addition to serving over 500 million video views around vertical specific content. Our O&O properties include the web's most trusted and reliable Rewards discovery portal, Swagbucks.com, Content discovery and Audience building platform Encrave.tv, Daily Deal site Froobi.com, and Discount E-commerce shop Yaysave.com.
Swagbucks.com is the web's premier rewards discovery portal with more than 10 Million members. Swagbucks.com allows web and mobile members to earn virtual currency for doing what they already do online every day - watching videos, searching the web, playing games, completing surveys, and shopping online. Swag Bucks can then be redeemed for valuable rewards, including gift cards to the world's online and offline retailers. Since its launch in 2008, Swagbucks has awarded more than $55 million in real life rewards.
Working for Swagbucks.com means not only loving what you do but also working for a vibrant start-up company that promotes creativity, collaboration, and growth for its employees.
- Inc 500 – Fastest Growing Private Companies (#194 – 2012)
- LABJ – Fastest Growing Company (#25 – 2013)
- LABJ – Best Place to Work (Private, Medium-sized Companies) (2013 & 2014)
- Deloitte’s Fast 500 (#21 – 2013)
- 2011 Los Angeles CFO of the Year (Brad Kates – Finalist)
- SoCal Tech Top 50 Executives Award (Josef Gorowitz – 2013)
- Design, build and maintain data loading routines using a variety of tools including open source
- ETL tools, stored procedures, scripting and programming languages such as java, c, python, etc.
- Improve the performance and scale of our data operations to deliver information on a real-time basis
- Design, build and maintain data QA routines to ensure that our systems deliver quality information to our customers
- Contribute to the design and architecture of our Enterprise Data Infrastructure
- Work closely with end-users and technical team members on data ingestion projects, investigating and solving data and reporting problems.
- Work on Big Data projects in Hadoop, Reddis, Mongo etc. to compile large data sets into actionable information
- 5+ years development experience using MySQL, Oracle or other relational database software
- Experience writing and optimizing complex SQL queries
- 5+ years developing back end data processing routines for data warehouses or any backend data system using open source tools, commercial ETL package or high level languages.
- 5+ years experience developing database related software using Java, C, C++, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- B.S. Computer Science, Math, Physics or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of BI Analytic tools a plus
- Knowledge and experience with Hadoop/Hive a plus
El Segundo, CA 90245