Data Engineer (PL/SQL) Hybrid - Boulder, CO / Chicago, IL / Dedham, MA / Houston, TX
Data Engineer (PL/SQL)
Join the Market Leader in Electric Power Trading Solutions
The electrical grid is the largest and most complicated machine ever built. Yes Energy’s industry leading electric power trading analytics software provides real time visibility into the massive amount of data that is generated by the North American electrical grid every day. Our unique and innovative view of the data informs real time trading decisions that keep utility prices low and the grid up and running. It’s both challenging work and work with a purpose.
Be a part of our successful, growing business.
We are currently working in a hybrid environment and are seeking to fill one full time Data Engineer (PL/SQL) position immediately in Boulder - CO, Chicago - IL, Dedham - MA or Houston - TX.
About the team
At Yes Energy, our Market Data Operations (MDO) team plays a crucial role in our business. We are the control room for our customers, responsible for ensuring access to reliable and timely data every minute of every day.
We take pride in our responsibility to maintain the accuracy and reliability of our data. We understand that our clients rely on us to provide them with the information they need to make informed decisions, and we take that responsibility very seriously. Like a control room operator who is constantly monitoring the grid and making adjustments to ensure stability, our team is constantly monitoring our data pipelines and making adjustments to ensure data accuracy and reliability.
Our team is passionate about what we do, and we are dedicated to helping clients navigate the complex and dynamic North American Energy Markets. We work together in a collaborative environment, and we look to continuously improve our processes to ensure that we are providing the highest quality data possible to our clients.
- You have a passion for working with inherently messy data
- You believe that a deep understanding of the data leads to better solutions
- You have a competitive attitude, taking ownership and accountability of the work you produce
- You have strong problem-solving skills and a curious mindset
- You have experience maintaining and designing data pipelines
- Like to design, develop, analyze and troubleshoot PL/SQL code
What you will do
- Maintain our real-time data pipelines and ensure so that we can provide reliable and accurate information to our clients
- Support clients by answering complex data questions, providing timely and effective solutions, so that we can empower our clients to make informed decisions
- Ensure highest possible quality and integrity of Yes Energy data; recommend and implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Participate in weekly on-call rotations to help resolve critical data pipeline failures for our clients
- 4+ years of SQL or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of Oracle PL/SQL or equivalent experience
Bonus points for
- Experience with ETL and complex data pipelines
- Energy industry experience or experience in equities/commodities trading
- Experience with web scraping, including HTML parsing, HTTP protocols and network logs
- Experience with Python and Bash Scripting
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Full time
- Reports to Data Operation team Lead
- Minimal travel may be required (up to 10 days per year)
Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, REST API, Time Series Data, ETL, CLI tools.
About Yes Energy
Yes Energy delivers real-time market data and electric power trading decision solutions. Over 1,000 market participants use Yes Energy solutions daily. The business is a leader in all aspects of information content collection and management, as well as in developing and delivering data and market analytics solutions. Since its inception in 2008 Yes Energy has become a trusted and respected supplier of innovative and reliable solutions focused on the needs of power market analysts, traders and trade managers. Yes Energy has a team of amazing professionals located in Boulder, CO (HQ), Dedham, MA and Chicago, IL.
At Yes Energy we care about saying “Yes” to customers. We like to listen and learn, and develop our solutions in line with our customers’ needs. We think about customers as business partners and when we help them to be more successful … We are more successful too.
Around the office our culture is driven by some pretty fundamental values that we’re proud of:
- We love innovation and solving tough challenges.
- We are “high standards people” who combine passion and pride with hard work and rewards of all kinds-- in an ethic that is consistent across the company.
- We’re team-focused with a flat hierarchy-- we work in small teams on well-defined projects that directly impact the success of the business.
- We play to the strengths and experience of each person, while each of us also works along a continuum of roles adjacent to our focus area. This presents a challenge of maintaining a broad set of skills as well as an opportunity to learn and contribute in many ways.
- We are constantly growing. Professional development happens every day and every year.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary Range: $90,000 - $120,000, plus bonus.
We offer strongly competitive salaries and real bonuses that are achievable and that you can impact. Our benefits package is also very competitive, and it includes medical insurance, 401K Plan with matching, flexible vacation and flexible work schedules. Investment in both formal and informal professional development is encouraged and funded by Yes Energy.
At Yes Energy we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Yes Energy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Yes Energy complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Boulder, CO 80302