Senior Data Analyst, Customer Analytics
Role: Senior Data Analyst, Customer Analytics
Team: Customer Insights
Scope: Individual Contributor
Years of Experience: 3-6
Location: Ventura, CA or Reno, NV
As the Senior Data Analyst, Customer Analytics you will champion the use of customer data at Patagonia, making it accessible and useful for teams across the company. This role is right for you if you excel in designing end-to-end analytics solutions and can maintain the fine balance of business acumen and technical knowledge. You will translate business needs into technical requirements and facilitate collaboration between data users and other analytics and data engineering teams. You will help us build and maintain production data models from raw data streams, define core reporting metrics, and build dashboards for strategic decision making. Your work will facilitate outcomes like increased activism awareness/participation, increased customer retention, improved customer acquisition, and increased fluency of and access to customer data internally.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners such as sales and marketing leaders, marketers and researchers, analysts, data engineers and architects to understand and solve customer data needs
- Build robust, scalable customer data models based on existing data pipelines across Digital, Marketing, Activism, Customer Experience, and other channels
- Identify and implement internal process improvements for existing data models: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, partnering with data engineering teams on infrastructure and scalability, etc.
- Conduct analyses and build reporting on top of data models you’ve built in conjunction with other analysts
- Lead scoping and share-out conversations with business stakeholders
- Own the day-to-day operation and continuous evolution of Patagonia’s customer data platform, including partnering closely with data engineering teams on appropriate data architecture, integration, and validation
- Drive adoption of customer data across the organization through workshops and demos, and proactively identify new opportunities and use cases for customer data
- Partner with internal Data, Reporting, and Analytics (DRA) team on data standardization and governance efforts for customer data; serve as the internal company expert on customer data
Who You Are
- You enjoy using data and your analytical abilities to solve problems and make decisions
- You are comfortable translating business logic into models that successfully drive business value
- You have experience working with databases to build models and data transformations using SQL
- You are results oriented with a strong desire to learn and succeed
- You are a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity, asks thoughtful questions, and can translate unclear situations/business requests into clear, actionable next steps
- You have strong attention to detail and organization, someone who sees the value in documentation, but doesn’t get bogged down by it
- You are a communicative person who values building strong relationships with colleagues and partners, enjoys mentoring and guiding others
- You can explain complex topics in simple terms to people with varying technical abilities
Experience You Bring
- 3-6 years of relevant experience in a related technical field such as business analytics, business intelligence, digital marketing and/or data engineering role
- Advanced proficiency with SQL – you are comfortable interacting with databases, deriving new models from diverse raw data sources, and working independently within SQL
- Strong working knowledge of data visualization tools (Tableau/PowerBI) and modern cloud databases (Snowflake)
- Demonstrable professional experience analyzing large scale, complex data sets to drive actionable recommendations
- Comfort with data transformation tools (dbt), languages (Python, R, SQL), and statistical methods (K-means clustering, significance testing)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PPT, and Word
- Experience analyzing customer, retail, and/or ecommerce data
- Knowledge of database design principles, history building robust, scalable data processing and ingestion pipelines
- Experience supporting digital marketing and driving CRM strategies
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive, inclusive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Patagonia requires all employees who enter a Patagonia owned or operated facility or who physically interact with others as part of their job duties to demonstrate proof of receiving a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of their employment, subject to exemptions for sincerely held religious beliefs, or medical reasons.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.