Software Engineer - Big Data
PROS: BIG data solutions for optimizing ..... sales, pricing, quoting, rebates, revenue management. Software for companies in the manufacturing, distribution, services and travel industries is hiring!
PROS is currently seeking talented software engineers to enhance our big data software solutions. The role will utilize latest big data technologies and tools to design, implement and test PROS software product solutions.
The role requires professional coding experience and formal education. Fit assessment is not based on number of years in the workforce but on demonstrated coding skills and problem solving.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 2+ years experience in Java
- Experience in RESTful WebServices development
- Familiar with relation database and NoSql database concepts
- Knowledge and experience in unit testing
- Experience working with XML and XSL
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in big data technologies a strong plus: Cassandra, HBase, Hadoop
- Experience in Microsoft Windows Azure a strong plus
- Knowledge and experience in behavior driven development
- Experience working with agile software development methodology
PROS (NYSE: PRO) is a big data software company that helps customers compete and win more effectively by using their data. We apply 27 years of data science experience to identify opportunities that will close, offers that will sell, and prices that will win. PROS provides big data solutions to optimize sales, pricing, quoting, rebates and revenue management. Companies who want to OUTPERFORM in their markets rely on PROS to help them turn their big data into a strategic advantage. PROS has implemented over 500 solutions across a range of industries in more than 50 countries. Founded in 1985, PROS is headquartered in Houston, Texas. Today, PROS has over 600 employees, more than 100 with advanced degrees and over 25 with Ph.D.s. To learn more about PROS, please visit www.pros.com
Houston, TX 77002