Network Security Analyst
Open Data Group
Open Data Group is a small, smart and supportive firm that provides management consulting services, outsourced analytical services, analytic staffing, and expert witnesses broadly related to data and analytics. It has been building predictive models over big data for over ten years and has introduced a variety of innovative technology related to predictive modeling and analytic architectures. This includes assisting clients to move away from reliance on rules-based systems to protect their networks. Your knowledge of network behavior and attack vectors will contribute to the design and implementation of predictive models into large-scale, high-speed networks.
With a regarded and successful track record in "big-data" solutions, Open Data offers challenging problems, autonomy, smart colleagues, competitive salaries and attractive benefits.
Open Data is looking for an experienced malware / network security engineer. You will work with the modeling and software development teams to build predictive and statistical models to identify malicious behavior in customer networks. You will monitor and analyze logs and alerts from a variety of technology and determine the potential security impact from the alerts and traffic anomalies on networks. Participate in design and testing of predictive analytics over complex data networks.
- Solid understanding of dynamic/static analysis of malware.
- Familiar with common categories of malware and characteristics of each.
- Awareness and understanding of the current threat landscape.
- Solid background in network traffic analysis
- Proficient knowledge of networking protocols
- Intimate knowledge of Network Traffic Collection and Analysis
- Ability to interface with other industry investigators and peers on subjects related to information security
Applicant must have at least 2 years of professional development experience
- Ability to write about your technical investigation and the results to technical and business audiences
- Experience in encryption / obfuscation a plus
- Experience with Linux / UNIX
- Experience with Java or Python a plus
- Good understanding of data privacy laws and experience interacting with Legal and Compliance professionals
- Background in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field of concentration.
- Any of the following certifications: EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Global Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
River Forest, IL 60305