Sr. NLP Scientist
We are a determined (funded) start-up working to reinvent the way insights into human behaviors and opinions are collected and understood. Our software is innovative and is disrupting the market we have entered. Intuitive visualization around consumer insight and perceptions is one of our key business differentiators, enabling our customers to make impactful decisions quickly.
Oculus360 is based in Dallas and our preference is that our employees are too. We’re a team of creative, passionate, driven, and fun-loving people who work hard and know how to celebrate our success. We have all the perks associated with a great start-up; free lunches, stocked kitchen, casual and flexible environment, excellent benefits, generous PTO, and equity.
We are looking to add a Sr. Data Scientist to help turn our vision in to reality.
This is a great opportunity for a hands-on candidate with a strong engineering foundation and a passion for language analysis, linguistic variation, and semantics.
We are leading the pack using NLP in a non-traditional way. You should be comfortable with new thinking and conquering the unknown. Be prepared for intellectual challenge!
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 3+ years strong experience with NLP, specifically in the professional areas of
- information extraction
- entity recognition
- relationship extraction
- semantic role labeling
- 2 – 5 years machine learning experience with large datasets
- Experience with Framenet a plus
- Strong communication skills; specifically, you can tell a clear story with data
- Sensitivity to different mediums of expression (Twitter, Facebook, customer reviews, etc.)
- Excellence in statistical learning techniques including classifiers, multivariate regression, Logit, SVM, Bagging, Boosting, Decision Trees, clustering
- MS degree in Statistics, Mathematics, CS, or something applicable to your work
Additional qualities that will help you succeed here:
- Comfortable in a small organization, with ability to take technical leadership / mentorship role within a small, fast moving, highly collaborative effort
- Product development experience
- You see patterns where others can’t make sense
Plano, TX 75075