Senior Business Analyst/ Software Developer
Oakton Community College
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under the general supervision of either the Manager of Applications Software or the Manager of Applications Architecture, the Senior Business Analyst/Software Developer completes all phases of enterprise systems development including business case justification, requirements definition, system design through prototyping, code development and testing, documentation, user training, and software evaluation.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect, analyze, and document business and user requirements related to the new development or enhancement of critical business systems.
- Design, build and modify applications (including analysis and coding), using the appropriate programming language and tool set.
- Design and develop user-friendly interfaces to systems, applications, and databases.
- Recommend and develop modifications to third party software to meet user needs.
- Verify (test) programs and applications utilizing appropriate test plans, data, and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain system and user documentation and procedures.
- Provide ongoing support for production systems and assist with the resolution of production problems.
- Work with User Services and Networking & Operations personnel in understanding the functions and procedures of the supported systems; support user and technical staff training on developed applications.
- Develop and maintain documentation, including program operating procedures, program changes and other relevant information to accompany designs and changes to codes developed or modified.
- Complete work according to project plans and time frames.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- Three years Oracle database programming experience, preferably with PL/SQL, or an alternate report development tool, Oracle Reports C, C++, or Java.
- Two years analysis and design experience, with exposure to data modeling and full system life cycle activities.
- Bachelor's degree with specific coursework in computer science or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Experience working with functional user offices.
- Relational/object oriented programming, web development experience, and GUI development desirable.
- Ability to interpret file record layout.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, written and oral communication skills. Highly self motivated and directed.
- General office environment. Little or no exposure to adverse working conditions.
General supervision is received from either the Manager of Applications Software or the Manager of Applications Architecture.
HOURS: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
SALARY: $63,403 Starting salary may change due to the completion of staff negotiations.
*There are two openings for this position.
Oakton Community College requires all employees to adhere to a Vaccination /Testing Mandate and Mask Requirement.
Oakton Community College does not currently have a work form home policy and employees, are required to report to campus.
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.