Data Warehouse Manager
Oakton Community College
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibilities:
Under the leadership of the Assistant Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness and Strategic Planning, the Data Warehouse Manager is responsible for the administration and improvement of the data warehouse. This position analyzes, plans, implements, and trains to drive effectiveness of the data warehouse, institutional data, and analytics.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the research, design, implementation, maintenance, trouble shooting, and improvement of the College's data warehouse system.
- Acts as the liaison between Institutional Effectiveness and IT Enterprise Business Systems for software implementation, maintenance, quality assurance, and improvement.
- Supports Institutional Effectiveness, accreditation, and other quality improvement initiatives by continually developing, maintaining, and improving methods to import, connect, and store data from various sources (i.e. Banner Student Information System, financial aid data, flat files, course evaluations, etc.)
- Drawing from multiple sources, research, and practical experience, proactively identifies and pursues improvement opportunities. Consults with end users and College leaders to maximize the effectiveness of data organization, usage, and analysis.
- Provides consultation to end users in the preparation of data to improve analysis effectiveness.
- Creates and delivers training with particular emphasis on "train the trainer" knowledge transfers to superusers in various college departments.
- Researches, plans, creates, maintains, and improves data dashboards and other visualization methods.
- Responsible for data storage and transfer. Maintains the data validation procedures and documentation.
- Partners with IT to lead system and software upgrades.
- Partners with the Manager of Research and other stakeholders to accurately integrate collected data into the data warehouse. Using descriptive analytics, researches and performs statistical analysis to identify actionable insights.
- Ensures that reporting and key institutional metrics are regularly updated, available, and accurate.
- Provides expertise to the Data Governance team.
- Create ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Stays current of technology and best practices. Regularly attends training and proactively conducts research when available.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Hiring Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable skills and abilities can be obtained is required.
- Five years of relevant experience required.
- Prior experience with data warehouse platforms required, with Zogotech, Banner, and/or TargetX preferred.
- Knowledge of data modeling and strong SQL skills required.
- Experience with ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) process between systems preferred.
- Ability to communicate/interact professionally and tactfully with people of different levels of education, cultural backgrounds, and life experiences, and to exhibit an adequate level of respect to fellow employees, the College community at large, and state regulators.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be able to handle all duties and information in a confidential manner.
- Organizational skill with strong attention to detail including the ability to adequately establish time frames and deadlines, to meet deadlines, and to follow through.
Mobility to move from building to building on-Campus. Work is performed in a general office environment and is sedentary in nature. Little or no exposure to adverse working conditions.
Administrative supervision is received from the Assistant Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness and Strategic Planning.
HOURS: Monday - Friday 8:15 am - 5:00 pm
SALARY: $63,403 Starting salary may change due to the completion of staff negotiations
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.
Oakton Community College requires all employees to adhere to a Vaccination /Testing Mandate and Mask Requirement.
Oakton Community College does not currently have a work form home policy and employees, are required to report to campus.