Oakland Unified School District
Oakland Unified School District’s Office of Charter Schools is seeking a dynamic Analytics Specialist who will work under the supervision of the Executive Director, Enrollment and Charter Schools on a variety of public education policy, research, and data-related initiatives.
This role would be a great fit for someone with robust analytical skills who is eager to dig into challenging and high-impact work. The team plays a significant role in the Oakland education landscape by developing and implementing policies that affect all Oakland charter schools.
The Analytics Specialist will:
- Oversee the research and analysis of charter school performance as part of the District’s authorizing practices.
- Participate in the charter school quality review processes associated with annual site visits as well as charter term evaluations; provide data and analysis into ongoing monitoring as well as evaluation for charter renewal.
- Develop and maintain updated server-based, web dashboards in accessible online formats to support a range of District online accountability and transparency needs.
- Provide data and reporting for various departmental and external inquiries associated with charter schools.
- Evaluate analytics and relevant reports to ensure the validity, applicability, and accuracy of data.
- Present and interpret results and findings to a wide variety of audiences with diverse levels of data knowledge and understanding.
- Present school performance information in stakeholder meetings to support understanding of educational data and analysis.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and approaches to performance analytics; identify new tools and methods of obtaining, analyzing, utilizing, and presenting school quality and performance data.
- Attend and participate in cross-functional District meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least three years experience using up-to-date tools and technologies to analyze educational data or related social, demographic, or economic data. Specialized training and/or coursework in data analysis.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple work streams with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication with the ability to present effectively in small group settings
- A passion for working in public education and the mission of the Oakland Unified School District
- Experience with Python, SQL, and/or Tableau is preferred.
- Experience working in an education-related field is strongly preferred.
- Based on public health guidelines, this team is still working remotely. When the district returns in-person, this position will be hybrid with 2-3 days/week within the OUSD office (in downtown Oakland) and the other 2-3 days/week remote.
The salary range for this position is $78,610.11 - $105,301.74 annually, commensurate with experience.
Apply for the role at https://ousd.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=11413
Or contact our recruiter at email@example.com
Oakland, CA 94607