DBA Architect/Data Engineer
Data-driven decision making is at the core of NutraClick's business. Over a billion ads served monthly and millions of monthly visits puts NutraClick in a very unique and interesting data architecture space. The ability to aggregate, display, analyze and respond to that quantitative marketing data gives NutraClick a distinct advantage over its competitors. NutraClick's Developers continually architect, develop, and expand our next-generation technologies that enable this decision making.
Working with the Marketing team, our engineers build robust, scalable solutions across all aspects of the business, from ad targeting and testing to customer tracking. With a unique quantitative approach to display advertising, our ad-optimizing system is continually evolving to capitalize on new opportunities.
At the center of this core capability is our data architecture. The person in this role will play a key part in our ongoing data management strategy and principles in support of quantitative marketing metrics as well as customer care and business operations needs.
- Support and drive the strategy and tactical implementation of NutraClick data management principles.
- Serve as liaison between the internal data consumer business units and the NutraClick development team in the ongoing development of new capabilities for internal business applications and externally facing consumer applications.
- Strong experience with scalable and efficient database design. Ability to architect, model, store, transform, search, and deliver high volume enterprise data sets.
- Ability to handle data projects across business units, working closely with the Engineering and the BI teams. Be able to translate these needs into efficient and scalable data store solutions.
- Hands-on experience working in a LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySql, PHP) or a similar high volume Web environment.
- Experience as a hands-on production DBA/Engineer with a MySql focus.
- Strong experience with MySql Primary/Slave/Multi-Master tiers, Local/WAN Replication, monitoring, backups, performance tuning, and data warehousing in a complex web environment.
- Understanding of both MyISAM and InnoDB storage engines and their performance quirks is a big plus.
- Solid knowledge of both standard SQL and MySql-specific commands.
- Experience evaluating and benchmarking database hardware and software setups.
- Familiar with NoSQL solutions such as Redis, Neo4J, CouchDB, MongoDB, HBase, Riak, etc.
- A Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science or related field from a top-tier university.
- A self-starting work ethic with the ability to work both independently and in teams.
- Exceptional attention to detail, organization and time management.
- Proficiency with in-depth data mining, data analytics, data manipulation, and reporting.
- Familiarity with analytics tools such Pentaho, Tableau, etc.
- Experience with Multivariate Testing Platforms.
- Familiarity with the various data domains such as data governance, data modeling, data store definition, data content management, data asset discovery and data analysis.
- Optimal candidate will be familiar with cutting edge technologies such as Big Data, Hadoop, NoSQL, BI/Analytics, SaaS, JSON, SOAP services, AWS services, etc.
- Hands-on experience with NoSQL solutions. Ability to determine whether a given problem domain is best suited for a NoSQL vs. RDM solution.
- Hands-on experience in a Linux environment.
- An interest in digital marketing.
- Experience at a top-tier software company.
Boston, WA 02108