Business Intelligence Analyst
NC Electric Cooperatives
The Business Intelligence Analyst joins a team responsible for gathering, relating, and modeling data that visualize current realities and forecast apparent trends. They will be developing advanced analytics products by applying data visualization and statistical programming tools to enterprise data to facilitate understanding and advance key mission outcomes.
In this role, they will support all phases of analytic work product development, from the identification of key business questions, through data collection and ETL, from performing analyses and using statistical, machine learning, and applied mathematical techniques to deliver insights to decision-makers.
Academic and Trade Qualifications
Four-year degree in a STEM field such as Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years working with and modeling large volumes of time-series data, mathematical modeling and optimization.
- Experience in electric utility or related industry preferred; electricity demand and load forecasting research experience a plus.
- Collaborate on and, at times, lead cross-team efforts on data analytics solutions and visualizations
- Support forecast model design and tuning for both long term and near-term needs
- Support annual deliverables of load forecasting per annual budget making
- Creating datasets utilizing a data warehouse
- Analysis of large data sets
- GLM and other statistical modeling techniques
- Visualization, dashboards, reporting
- Programming skills in SQL, Python, R, SAS
- PowerBI or other data visualization software
- Working with Azure or other cloud environment
Abilities and Skills
- Ability to learn independently
- The ability to analyze, model and interpret data
- Data visualization
- Critical thinking
- Problem-solving skills
- Methodical and logical approach
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills and team working skills
- Ability to communicate and explain complex numerical models and their insights, both verbally and in writing, at both a high level and at a technical level depending upon the audience and customer
- Ownership of assigned efforts; tracking and seeing them through; communicating up and pulling in the team and other resources as needed to accomplish goals
- Be curious, research oriented, and a motivated self-learner
- Possesses a collaborative spirit and a positive attitude
Relationships and Contacts
Research activities will support for departments throughout NCEMC and its member cooperatives. Relationships will be many and broad in scope.
Normal working conditions with occasional travel for cooperative visits and professional development.
Company Profile: North Carolina’s Electric Cooperatives (http://ncemcs.com/about/ncemc.htm) is the brand for the family of organizations formed to support the state’s 26 local electric cooperatives, including: North Carolina Electric Membership Corporation, the power supplier to many of the electric cooperatives; North Carolina Association of Electric Cooperatives, the cooperatives’ trade association; and Tarheel Electric Membership Association, Inc. (TEMA), a central purchasing and materials-supply cooperative.
North Carolina Electric Membership Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment.