Commerce Insights Associate
About Us :
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to over 400 million homes worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries. CNBC also delivers content across a variety of digital platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Commerce Insights Associate - Partnerships
NBC News is looking for a Commerce Insights Associate to help support the growing Partnerships arm of the commerce team. In this position you will work closely with the Commerce Analyst and the Partnerships team to identify areas that can help enhance the current affiliate efforts and find new business opportunities. The ideal candidate will have experience analyzing and creating actionable insights from various sources of data. They should have a good grasp of trends in the e-commerce and media industries.
- Pull and analyze e-commerce performance for weekly, bi-weekly and monthly meetings with the Partnerships team and some external facing parties
- Run paid campaign performance reports
- Keep the team updated on pacing to ensure yearly goals are achieved
- Help inform paid content strategy through insights of past performance
- Partner with Editorial and Product to maintain and enhance taxonomy for analysis purposes
- Support data preparation for senior level executives and external facing presentations
- Ad hoc reporting on various projects to keep the team aware of what is working and to identify new testing ideas/opportunities
- Support A/B/multivariate measurement plans for test and learn optimization
- Help identify industry trends and areas of opportunity
- 1+ year experience in ecommerce strategy, digital marketing or analytics
- Experience working in spreadsheet tools (ie. Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets) and data visualization software (ie. Looker and Domo)
- Experience working with an ecommerce publisher a plus
- Experience in affiliate marketing a plus
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
Desired Characteristics :
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across multiple teams
- Knowledge of affiliate marketing platforms a plus
- Strong attention to detail, accountability, and an ability to execute projects of all sizes with vision & purpose
- Knowledge of Tableau, Looker, Domo or equivalent data visualization tools
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, collaborate and influence
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.