The VP, Analytics will lead a team of measurement professionals who provide communications and marketing clients with deep insight, actionable measurement and analysis. The VP, Analytics Director will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of reporting, analysis methodologies and the required tools to generate actionable insightful recommendations. The role will leverage customer information such as transactional and behavioral data, demographic and attitudinal overlays, and qualitative/quantitative research to make business decisions regarding client's marketing investments and competitive intelligence. The VP, Analytics will stay current in the latest developments, techniques, tools and processes in the fields of communications and marketing research, program monitoring, marketing measurement and analytics.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Manage industry-leading tools such as Omniture, WebTrends, CoreMetrics, DoubleClick, and Google products that facilitate cross channel measurement and optimization
- Strategic direction and/or development of segmentation, predictive, and propensity models
- Provide expert counsel to both internal and external clients.
- Be an advocate for the Analytics department.
- Develop innovative insightful analytics solutions for website activity, online advertising, email/e-CRM programs, mobile marketing, social media and other emerging trends that help solve key business problems.
- Manage the full analytical project lifecycle, from business development to final delivery, connecting optimization metrics to the strategic intent of campaigns and underlying business objectives.
- Educate Moxie team members on the importance and implementation of actionable analytics solutions.
- Initiate, manage and/or supervise 3rd party analytics relationships such as Omniture, QlikView and DoubleClick.
- Overlay traditional analytical solutions where required, such as: Predictive statistical models, Customer profiling, Segmentation Analysis, Data Analysis and Mining, Multi-Touch Attribution
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Nature and Scope
- Reports to CTO, Chief Technology Officer
- This position will have direct reports
- May require overnight travel up to 30%
- Bachelor’s degree
- Masters in a quantitative, economics, or business equivalent preferred
- Certification in web analytics tools such as SiteCatalyst, HBX, CoreMetrics, etc. desired
Years of Relevant Experience
- 10+ years of digital marketing experience primarily focused on strategic planning and analysis
- Expert level knowledge of analytics platforms and other business intelligence tools
- Strong client engagement and leadership experience skills
- Strong management experience, including history of leading teams
- Competent in online/offline campaign measurement
- Attitudinal measurement tools (Marketing Evolution, Dynamic Logic, Insight Express)
- Web analytics tools (Omniture, WebTrends, HBX)
- Ad servers (Atlas, DART)
- Deep understanding of CRM including platforms as well as holistic customer value measurement
- Experimental test design (A/B split, full factorial, fractional factorial)
- Statistical tools (such as R, SPSS, SAS) and techniques e.g. segmentation, response modeling and lifetime value
- Database tools (MySQL, SQL Server, MS Access)
- Understanding of database concepts including normalization, and data integrity
- Visual presentation of data through Excel, MS Access reports, PowerPoint, Crystal Reports, Xcelsius, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Self proclaimed industry passion seeker who understands and is inspired by the digital landscape and the value of marketing performance
- Self-motivated, with a “roll up your sleeves” work style
- Experience delivering insight to internal or external clients by building a technical foundation that includes deep understanding of multi-channel target marketing and optimization in direct mail and/or interactive marketing.
- In-depth knowledge of quantitative analysis and ability to provide intuitive plain language understanding to clients.
- Demonstrated leadership acumen within client relationships and for direct reports and cross-functional project teams.
- Excellent management and time prioritization skills
- Ability to manage large project with exceptional project management skills
- Excellent communication and client presentation skills
- Able to think about both practical and visionary uses of available data
- Deep understanding of marketing, advertising, and customer profiling
Atlanta, GA 30313