Sr. ETL Developer
The role of the ETL Developer is to ensure accuracy & integrity of data & applications through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation & problem resolution. Analyze & translate functional specifications & change requests into technical specifications. Translate business needs into end user applications.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Develop and test extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) processes.
- Support or enhance the ETL processes to accommodate changes in source systems and new business user requirements.
- Map source system data to data warehouse models.
- Work with business analysts to understand source data systems.
- Work closely with project management, analysts, data modelers and the existing ETL developers to understand project requirements and contribute to the project solution.
- Manage ETL application.
- Assist with the creation of test cases, and participate in functional, load and performance testing.
- Define and capture metadata and rules associated with ETL processes.
- Support production mappings.
Nature and Scope
- Typically reports to Director, Development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Required Qualifications & Experience
- 7-10 years of development experience working in a marketing/agency environment
- 7+ years of Data Warehousing experience
- 7+ Years of experience as an ETL Developer
- 7+ Years SQL/ SQL Server/Oracle
- Extensive Data Modeling Experience
- 7+ Years using Data Quality Software
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies Required
- Must possess strong root cause analysis skills for troubleshooting production run-time issues.
- Proven experience with SDLC methodologies including creation of quality detail design documentation and thorough unit test planning skills.
- Strong communication, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Solid problem solving, decision-making, and creative thinking ability.
- Proven ability to deliver results within a multi-task work environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to effectively work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with internal and external partners.
- Ability and willingness to quickly understand and document business requirements, and to create well-structured software designs to meet them.
- Experience in an agency environment is preferred.
- A strong work ethic and solid track record of getting the job done.
Atlanta, GA 30313