Business Operations Data Scientist
- MS/Ph.D in Applied Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Operations research, Sociology or related quantitative fields
- 5+ years experience with market analytics, predictive statistical modeling
- Ability to query cloud databases to drive statistical analysis
- Past experience with designing analytics platform to drive Business decision
- Knowledge of data mining techniques, regression analysis, decision trees etc.
- Experience with data visualization techniques is a plus
- Ability to create a strong network of relationships among peers, internal/external partners
- Ability to advice senior management on Business recommendation based on outcome of predictive models
Global Business Planning & Operations
- Lead s 3-12 month planning and execution
- Develops and drives strategic long term plans
- Development of key market assumptions over a 12 month horizon.
- Provide input to Executive Sales & Operation Planning process
- Coordinates and develops End of Life (EOL) plans
- Manages KPI’s for global long term performance
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations
- Drive high impact product forecasting strategies across the organization by leveraging Big data platform.
- Develop solutions leveraging social media analytics by mining complex user behavioral data and transform it into actionable information for demand planning
- Data scientist will play a key role in long term planning by analyzing vast amounts of data from different internal and external sources to optimize forecast for driving business decision.
- Exercise knowledge of various statistical techniques and applications, database analysis tools and techniques to develop strategic insights to drive business goals.
- Analyze and data-mine historical data to develop life-cycle curves for forecast models.
- Lead post performance forecast analytics to determine root cause of performance gaps and generate hypothesis to improve forecasting approach
- Build database of all data pertinent to creating the sales forecast (historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions etc).
- Enhance and manage the end to end analytics involved in monthly S&OP process
- Identify opportunities for global process changes/automation/tool development with regards to statistical based forecasting.
- Work with horizontal organizations (marketing, product management, advanced technologies, cloud services) to develop and execute incremental and breakthrough process changes to drive creation of best in class forecasting tool.
- Working knowledge of big data related technologies – Hadoop, Hive
- Knowledge of statistical data models and predictive forecasting processes
- Exceptional analytical skills and statistical tools
- Communicate effectively with senior management and regional planning team
- Problem solving skills and ability to explore unique solutions
- Experience with supply chain processes and tools is a plus
Interested in this position?
Chicago, IL 60601
Additional Job Details