Sr Manager of Customer Experience & Analytics
Moosejaw is the most fun outdoor retailer ever. We sell the finest gear and outerwear through Moosejaw.com, our catalog, and our ten retail shops in Michigan, Illinois, Colorado and Missouri. It’s a very exciting time for us as we are experiencing very rapid growth. At Moosejaw, our goal is to make shopping as much fun as climbing in the Himalayas. Not that climbing in the freezing cold weather is fun but you know what we mean.
We’re seeking a Sr. Manager of Customer Experience & Analytics to join our marketing team based out of our headquarters in Madison Heights, Michigan. Do you love digging into data to find key insights? Do you live to discover the key ways to increase customer lifetime value? Do you yearn to understand how customer shopping flows and how to remove barriers to conversion? Do you thrive in a culture of constant change, testing and improvement? If so, then do we have a role for you!
This exciting role manages the overall customer experience and relationship from their first site visit through to ongoing loyalty campaigns. As such, it encompasses multiple disciplines including web analytics, user experience, A/B testing, email marketing, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Yes, that’s quite a lot of stuff… but at the center of it all are the customer and data. Lots and lots of data. In the right hands (brain cells, really), all of that data can provide powerful insights on how we improve customer conversion, engagement and loyalty.
Don’t worry, you won’t be expected to do it all by yourself. This leadership role includes a team of four direct reports across email, A/B and UI testing, and data analytics. You will be responsible for prioritizing the team’s work around understanding and communicating the customer experience metrics across all devices and channels. You will lead the measurement, testing and improvement of the user experience on Moosejaw.com. Together with your team, you will recommend UI changes and work across teams (from creative to IT) to design, build, and implement improvements that will delight customers as measured by metrics such as time-on-site, ATC, conversion, AOV, reorder rate, and LTV.
We’re looking for an experienced leader who knows how to prioritize and use data to make strategic decisions. Somebody who has the web analytic skills to work effectively with developers to improve the user experience. Somebody who isn’t afraid to ask questions and challenge conventional thinking or the way we’ve always done things at Moosejaw. Somebody who is a passionate advocate of improving the customer experience on our site. Also you must have a strong affinity for the Moosejaw brand and our culture. If you like the outdoors, that’s a cherry on top of the icing which is also on top of the cake.
Essential FunctionsAn individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Develop a deep understanding of the customers’ experience on desktop, mobile, and tablet through a combination of data analysis and A/B testing.
- Use that understanding to drive key insights and improvements in UI, personalization, offers, etc.
- Oversee execution of the Moosejaw email program to keep customers engaged and create a consistent, effective, and personalized email experience.
- Lead the direction of our CRM System to deliver customer insights that drive ongoing improvements in customer retention and loyalty.
- Oversee overall customer data reporting including site analytics, A/B testing, CRM and email.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Business, Data, or IT field is preferred.
- 5 – 7 years of work experience in digital marketing and/or ecommerce.
- Experience with customer databases and email marketing.
- People management experience- at least 1 direct report
- Experience with CRM platforms (Agilone), web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Coremetrics), and A/B testing tools (Monetate) is preferred.
- Experience with site personalization techniques and technologies
- The ability to shoot Nerf darts at no more than a 30 degree trajectory.
- General curiosity for complex problem solving.
- Deep understanding of ecommerce customer behavior and drivers of customer conversion.
- Strong creative problem solving, prioritization, and communication skills.
- Strong ownership, accountability, and leadership skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, team based, collaborative environment.
Madison Heights, MI 48071