Platform Technical Lead
About Monitor 360
Monitor 360 is the Narrative Analytics™ and strategy company. Our A-list clients include Charles Schwab, HP, Pfizer, PG&E, Salesforce, VMWare, The White House, Harvard Business School, and the Gates Foundation. Monitor 360 is a revenue-generating start-up, backed by respected investors. We are building upon our success in providing strategic counsel to government agencies by growing our staff and bringing the Narrative Analytics™ approach to solving complex business problems to new markets. We are looking for high-energy collaborators who embody our values of clarity, generosity, exploration, and integrity.
Reporting to the Director of Product Management, the Platform Technical Lead is responsible for building the Narrative Analytics™ technology platform. The Platform Technical Lead works with the architect to create designs for various components of the platform, to meet the platform’s goals of achieving scale and extensibility. The Platform Technical Lead works with a team of engineers to build these components and owns the end-to-end delivery. The role requires an understanding of various technology choices and a deep understanding of NoSQL technologies, distributed computing framework, and search and information retrieval techniques to make right tools and technology choices and then create modules and programs using those technologies.
This is a highly visible role that requires a mix of technical acumen and team leadership skills to drive the execution of the platform. This person must be creative, ask questions, and be comfortable challenging the status quo. The position is based in our San Francisco office.
- Create design, develop modules, and coordinate efforts with the development team, working on platform architectural implementation
- Take initiative in solving complex technical problems and recommend original solutions and design approaches to platform requirements, making decisions between competing solutions
- Own the core development team and deliverables, including technical design, logical and physical design of the solution, coding, testing, and debugging
- Work closely with the architect, to ensure conformance with the overall architectural guidelines
- Collaborate with Product Analysts and Product Managers to estimate and plan work and provide status updates to stakeholders
- Create a close working relationship with business partners to identify the pain points and provide better services
- Work with data scientists and machine learning engineers to explore integration with the overall platform
- Establish strong relationships, and proactively communicate, with team members as well as individuals across the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 7+ years experience in software development, using Java 2 EE or Python
- Expertise in object oriented programming and applying OO principles patterns
- 4 years experience with platform components and REST APIs, to define platform interfaces and boundaries
- Experience creating a loosely coupled, services oriented design that can scale for large volumes of data
- Experience supporting extensibility, to plug new modules or services without requiring re-design
- 2 years experience working with, and enhancing, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Development (CD) environments.
- Experience with Open Source Software around data processing and persistence
- Experience indexing and sorting large amounts of data (e.g., Lucene, Solr, Hadoop, Hive, etc.) is highly desirable.
- Ability to lead a technical team of onshore or offshore resources
- Experience working on pipeline framework
- Strong estimating and planning skills
- Should have worked on Agile scrum or kanban methodology
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
Qualified candidates must submit a resume, in Word or PDF format, along with a compelling cover letter that describes your interest in the position and why you think you would be a good fit for the job. Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You must be eligible to work in the U.S., without employer sponsorship.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from candidates who will contribute to our diversity