Senior Data Engineer
The Senior Data Engineer builds data lakehouse solutions in support of internal processes and data delivery requirements. The Senior Data Engineer translates user needs into actionable engineering definitions, drives and owns requirements, and implements and maintains solutions. In this critical role, your work provides all levels of the organization with effective systems and actionable data to drive significant growth and process improvements for our business.
- Build and maintain a data lakehouse fed by SaaS products and internal systems.
- Integrate data lakehouse into business processes and reporting systems.
- Identify and solve business process pain points and improve efficiencies.
- Drive projects utilizing third-party resources.
- Research and understand requirements, industry best practices, operational impacts and needs, and use cases of various departments to create business requirements and build effective solutions.
- Develop a deep understanding of processes within each department; document key process flows, recognize methods for redesign, identify opportunities, and translate business processes into information system needs.
- Execute ad-hoc analytical projects to the internal customer's satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (Computer Science, Data Analytics, Business Intelligence preferred)
5-7 years of relevant work experience in a SaaS or recurring revenue business model – including time spent in internships and/or co-ops.
Working knowledge of scripting, Unix, RDBMS (e.g., Postgres, MySQL preferred), AWS Cloud Services (e.g., Data Lake/Warehouse/Lakehouse, Athena, Lambda), SQL query writing, Elasticsearch
- Proficient in explaining and presenting complex concepts and solutions in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy, fast growth environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Passion for building business-driven solutions regardless of technology.
- Ability to create and implement user stories to produce well tested and scalable solutions.
Equal opportunities, accessibility for all
Mineral values diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All individuals seeking employment at Mineral are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We’re also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities in our job application and recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com
We’re aware of phishing scams targeting job candidates. Mineral will never ask you to do anything that puts your privacy at risk. Verify that your recruiter’s contact information is from the trustmineral.com domain. If you encounter suspicious activity, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org