Business Intelligence Tableau Analyst
Medical Science & Computing
Medical Science & Computing, Inc. is currently seeking a seasoned Business Intelligence Tableau Analyst to support the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, Maryland.
The Business Intelligence developer designs and builds Tableau based solutions. The candidate must be capable of working with a diverse group of stakeholders performing high level and detailed analysis, defining and writing programs using Tableau, MS-SQL BI stack, and be able to leverage the API. The candidate must be able to design dashboards with advanced Tableau functionality built with end user functionality in mind. Additionally, the candidate will perform system integration and deployment activities, prepare system support documentation, and document program and system functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, development, testing and deployment of Tableau Dashboards
- Work under the guidance of BI Technical Lead to create BI dashboard solutions
- Structure ambiguous business problems and recommend visualization solutions
- Leverage advanced Tableau functionality (parameters, actions, tooltip modifications, API, etc.) to create analytical dashboards.
- Develop a strong understanding of business requirements; working with business users/ business analysts to define technical and process requirements
- Build effective working relationships with team members
- 3-5+ years of experience with Tableau or similar BI tools.
- 8+ years IT and Business Intelligence experience
- Proven experience delivering Business Intelligence solutions
- Experience with Tableau, dashboard design and delivery
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Analysis Services technologies(Cube Design, SQL/MDX)
- Hands on experience querying MS-SQL 2008 databases
- Understanding of development, data modeling and ETL knowledge that includes Data warehouse Data Modeling, Star and Snowflake schema
- Excellent problem solving, design, debugging, and testing skills
- Ability to work with multiple different personality types while managing work load within a fast paced, energetic, and dynamic workplace.