Data Analytics Full-time Lecturer
The Graduate and Professional Studies division at McDaniel College invites applications for a full-time lecturer position in Data Analytics.
The position requires individuals to teach and develop courses for the graduate Data Analytics program in the areas of Data Mining, Data Preparation, Database, and other core courses in the program. The successful candidate will be expected to work collaboratively with graduate and undergraduate colleagues to develop and grow programs in data science and related fields, mentor graduate students, and provide service to the college and the profession. Faculty at McDaniel are encouraged to build strong industry relations to further high impact business and industry research. The successful candidate will contribute to the goals of the Graduate and Professional Studies division and the College mission. The program is interested in candidates that are highly collaborative and collegial with a strong commitment to building a portfolio of graduate and undergraduate programs in data science and related areas.
- Ph.D. in Data Analytics, Computer Science, Computational Science, Data Engineering or other closely related field is preferred. Strong candidates with a master's degree and industry experience who are currently enrolled in a doctoral program will be considered.
- Experience teaching
- Ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty, and staff, and other constituencies in a diverse environment.
DESIRED / PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience teaching online and graduate students.
- Candidates should have a strong commitment to teaching excellence.
- Experience in curriculum development.
- Experience with students' academic advising.
- Experience in serving on various department, college or university committees.
- Active participation in professional activities and organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse campus community.
EXPECTED STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply, visit https://employment.mcdaniel.edu. Applications must be submitted via this online process to be considered.
Applicants should upload:
- a letter of application
- a CV
- a statement of teaching philosophy, including philosophy of teaching a diverse student body
- a list of three recommendations.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: Position is open until filled (or recruitment cancelled). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
McDaniel College is committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects the student body. McDaniel College, in compliance with federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate in the recruitment, admission, and employment of students, faculty, and staff in the operation of any of its educational programs and activities. McDaniel College will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on basis of any protected status including protective hairstyle, race, religion, color, ancestry or national origin, disability, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military status, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, or any other actual or perceived legally protected characteristics. For more information on the College's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, please visit: https://www.mcdaniel.edu/about-us/diversity-equity-inclusion.