Senior Big Data/Analytics Engineer
Marin Software engineers are passionate about designing quality code through a collaborative process. We enjoy intense mathematics and computer science challenges and approach these problems with creativity and teamwork.
Apply now to be part of the team.
- Design, build, and test scalable, stable, and efficient analytics systems handling petabytes of data.
- Integrating Big Data tools into traditional enterprise architectures.
- Writing MapReduce jobs utilizing Pig, Hive and Java to feed our analytics and bidding systems.
- Passion for developing efficient, testable and well-documented code.
- Object Oriented Programming (Java, C++) and design (UML, patterns)
- Keen understanding of how data usage interacts with data design
- Big Data tools (Hadoop MR, Pig, Hive, Cascading, Spark, etc)
- Relational databases (MySQL)
- Unit testing (JUnit) and documentation (Javadoc)
- Experience with application frameworks (Spring)
- Experience building intensive data driven applications
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related major
- 5+ years relevant work experience.
Nice to Have Experience
- NoSQL databases (HBase, Mongo, CouchDB, Cassandra, etc)
- Machine learning, information retrieval and data mining (OLAP)
- Distributed systems (Storm, Kafka, Kestrel, etc)
- Object-relational mapping (Hibernate)
This is an on-site, full time salaried position located in Portland. Compensation depends on prior experience. Marin pays market-leading compensation and provides the best benefits in the country. Marin Software provides Equity participation, best in class comprehensive health plans including medical, vision and dental, in addition to generous PTO and reimburses 50% of monthly commuting costs for parking and/or mass transit up to the IRS limitations. Marin Software’s world headquarters is located in the financial district of San Francisco, with remote offices in Chicago, New York, Austin, and Portland. European headquarters are located in London, with additional offices in Singapore, Paris, Hamburg, Sydney and Tokyo.
About Marin Software
Marin helps marketers transform complexity into opportunity and win the battle for revenue online. A leading online advertising management platform, Marin offers a single interface for managing search, display, social and mobile marketing campaigns. The proven Marin platform is designed for advertisers and agencies of all sizes, enabling them to save time, make better decisions, and improve financial performance. Marin Software’s technology powers marketing programs for customers in more than 160 countries managing more than $4 billion of annualized ad spend. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices worldwide, Marin has raised a total of $105MM in funding and has over 425 employees.
Portland, OR 97204