Magnitude Capital, LLC
Magnitude Capital operates a growing, multi-billion dollar fund of hedge funds business from our headquarters in midtown Manhattan. We are looking for an experienced data analyst to lead efforts to ensure the quality, consistency, accuracy, and availability of data throughout the organization.
Data Analyst Job Responsibilities:
- Produce high-quality financial analytics data including preparation and cleansing of source data
- Monitor and explain variances of data and analytics used in key business processes
- Be the initial point of contact for data questions and resolve through investigation and analysis
- Drive data quality improvements
- Represent business users’ data requirements and work closely with developers and database engineers to deliver data and applications meeting these requirements
- Lead and provide acceptance testing for new data applications
- Map data flows and catalog existing data sources
Data Analyst Job Qualifications:
To be successful in the role, you need strong data analysis experience, financial data expertise, and a practical, working knowledge of the challenges faced with reference data and reporting data, including concepts such as point-in-time, as-reported, as-corrected, and overrides. With your excellent understanding of systems and processes that support data and technology, you will define and develop workflows and processes to optimize cleaning of externally sourced data.
- 5 years of experience working with market or reference data, ideally in security and investment valuation across multiple asset classes to include equities, commodities, and derivatives
- Strong ability to perform statistical, time series, and cross-sectional analysis on large data sets
- Experience in testing calculations and data
- Immaculate attention to detail and problem-solving ability within a deadline driven environment
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex statistics and methodologies in simple terms
- Positive and proactive working style
- Excellent Excel and SQL skills
- Knowledge of CAPM and Security Valuation a plus
- Prior experience of Bloomberg, S&P, and other market data sources a plus
- Programming experience in Python or C# a plus
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits package - fully covered health insurance, generous 401K match, tuition reimbursement program, parental leave, and more
- Work that matters - work with a small team and have a big impact
- Flexible work attire - no formal dress code
- Great teammates - people with discipline, creativity, intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor
- Supportive culture - analytical, open, collaborative, and collegial
- Quality food - catered meals from some of the best restaurants in NYC and a fully stocked kitchen
The firm was founded in 2002 by senior hedge fund portfolio managers and has become a top industry performer serving a diverse and growing institutional client base. We are a fifty person team focused on building a world-class investment company through discipline, analytical rigor, and a results-oriented mindset.
Magnitude Capital, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
New York City