Software Engineer - Analytics
Do you want to be challenged, while being surrounded by passionate, vocally self-critical and disruptive thinkers? If so, we want to invest in you!
Lithium Technologies makes software that powers the social customer experience. We help companies unlock the passion of their customers, resulting in increased customer satisfaction, loyalty, cost savings, revenue and innovation. As “social” moves away from “just another channel we have to manage” to a strategic business imperative, Lithium Technologies is well positioned and considered a named visionary by Forrester and Gartner to lead in social customer experience.
With more than 90 million active unique users and one billion monthly page views, our platform is one of the biggest social websites you haven’t heard of! We offer a virtual playground for technologists, with cutting edge work in social, big data, gamification and mobile. Our highly talented engineers have the freedom to innovate and execute. You will join small e2e stack teams that are self-directed and release rapidly and independently. We are not just focused on what we deliver but how we deliver it as well and view our engineering capability as a core business differentiator.
We’re are looking to build out our great engineering talent, with individuals who can be real and handle a typical day of:
- Participate in scrum process with the analytics team
- Design new software features for distributed data collection, storage, ETL, reporting
- Own code from design to production, including testing, documentation, and rollout
- Write clear, simple, controllable, testable APIs
- Collaborate with engineers and data scientists to ensure high quality team output
Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- 5 years of experience in software development or engineering
- In-depth knowledge of Unix, JVM, web and application servers
- Experience with web-based Social Media applications is a plus
- Strong knowledge of J2EE (EJB, Servlets, JSP, XML, JDBC, JMS); high performance, high availability computing patterns; SOA architectures; HBase, Hadoop, Map Reduce; and distributed storage and query systems
San Francisco, CA 94104