Senior Software Engineer
Founded in 2018, Lever Data is based in Midtown Manhattan and serves a customer base of hedge funds. Lever Data maintains, validates, and monitors third-party data feeds, working with data vendors to respond to any errors. Lever Data facilitates transparency and reliability in the quantitative investing data supply chain, allowing data users to refocus.
Core Beliefs About the Future
- Quantitative investing will increasingly rely on machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Data will be increasingly abundant and quality issues are endemic to financial data.
- "Garbage in, garabage out": data quality is a major cost center for institutional investors.
- Investors that best optimize data process are best positioned to capture alpha.
Open Position: Senior Software Engineer
Lever Data was formed by an experienced management team, with successful prior exits, and backed by a few of the world’s largest hedge funds, to solve some of the most challenging problems in data analytics and data-driven insights. Because of our strong backers, who are both investors and potential customers, we are well-funded and able to build exciting solutions with full collaboration from our intended end users – a privileged position to be in, where you will enjoy the best of the startup life and stability uncommon for ordinary startups.
Technically, you will be one of the principals responsible for architecting and building a new platform by leveraging a wide variety of technologies and services, including cloud providers like AWS. You will deliver a solution capable of processing large volumes of heterogenous data, to provide analytics and insights to aid with research, investment and operations.
This position will offer an attractive salary, a substantial stock grant, and a significant upside in terms of career growth and influence. For the right person, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
We are seeking a rare kind of individual, who can zoom out to the big picture, both from a technical architecture, and from a technical strategy perspective, and zoom in to details of the implementation while fussing over the code quality, hygiene, and maintainability. You will be one of the key team members responsible for setting standards, culture, mentorship of other team members, and shipping high quality solutions. You aim to bring clarity and energy to the team, and to your work environment.
You have a positive attitude and embody a balance of cautiousness, that serious software engineering requires, and pushing the envelope, which a startup needs to do. You are an excellent team player and aim to bring out the best in those around you.
Candidate must be based or willing to relocate to the NYC Tri-State area.
- Build connectors to a wide array of data sources guided by advanced data integration patterns
- Build a monitoring system that handles a variety of specific business logic
- Build a data validation and error handling system based on requirements from investment process
- Extend capabilities of open source data tools to provide added functionality for scalability, responsiveness, orchestration, and monitoring
- Enforce strict compliance and security requirements informed by our customers and best practices
- Work with data analysts to integrate configuration schemas into system processes
- Connect and create APIs to enable technical support with tools that quicken the time to resolve issues that arise at various stages of the data pipeline
- Develop systems to manage and make use of metadata generated in the data ingestion process
- Mentor junior developers
- Present progress reports to stakeholders
- BS degree or above in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics or related fields
- At least 5 years of professional experience programming in Java, Python, or other OOP languages
- At least 2 years of software project management experience
- Experience building a data pipeline, and experience with ETL highly preferred
- Experience with data stores and data-related open source tools (Kafka required)
- Experience with integration platforms like Talend, Pentaho highly preferred
- Previous work with Kibana, Logstash, and Elasticsearch a plus
- Previous work with AWS ecosystem
- Experience with Linux, relational databases
- Experience integrating outside services into a data pipeline
- Experience with financial data sets
- Excellent verbal/written communications
- Experience maintaining client and vendor relationship a plus
- Demonstrated record of meeting deadlines
- Experience in distributed systems, system scalability/reliability, network security a plus
We offer a competitive salary, 401(k) and benefits. You will also receive an equity stake in the company. You will have a flexible work environment with the freedom and resources to do your best work.
- Apply via https://codefor.cash/leverdata.
- If your experience matches our requirements, we will conduct a one-hour phone interview.
- If everyone's on the same page, the final step is an on-site in Midtown Manhattan (two to three hours long, basic overview of the company and architecture, pair programming, founders meeting).
- We'll proceed quickly with an offer.
$200,000 and up