Scientific Visualization Developer
Founded in 1998, Kitware is a leader in the creation and support of open-source software and state-of-the-art technology, and is one of the fastest growing software companies in the country. Kitware leverages its diverse technical expertise to provide advanced custom solutions for a host of complex technical problems.
Kitware is seeking to hire highly skilled Research and Development Engineers (R&D Engineers) to join our Scientific Computing team and contribute to our information and scientific visualization efforts. A passion for C++ programming to solve challenging visualization problems is required.
Kitware collaborates on basic and applied research and development projects that span all forms of data visualization. Our collaborators include the top universities from around the world, national research labs, medical device manufacturers, car manufacturers, oil and gas companies, financial institutes, and many others. Our efforts build upon our extensive C++ software libraries and applications, such as VTK, VES, Slicer, and ParaView.
By joining our team you will participate in a dynamic work environment with exceptionally talented coworkers who are committed to high-quality development practices. You will collaborate with esteemed researchers from around the world in the following ways:
- Create next-generation, open-source software for mobile, tablet, web, desktop, and supercomputing platforms.
- Develop advanced information and scientific visualization systems for analyzing data from the newest medical imaging devices, fusions of genomics and other ‘omic data from individuals and populations, simulations from the largest supercomputers, and signals at all scales of time and space.
- Deploy software applications and infrastructure that are used by people, every day, around the world, to improve the world.
- A passion for C++ programming and for developing and delivering practical solutions to challenging data analysis problems
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in computer science or a related field with corresponding emphasis on visualization, informatics, and good software development practices
- Exceptional communication skills
- Grant writing and publication experience is a bonus
Candidates that have a strong preference should indicate their preferred office location somewhere in their cover letter or resume. Available offices include Clifton Park, NY; Carrboro, NC or Santa Fe, NM.
Kitware team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a generous compensation plan, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, bonus plan, and free coffee, drinks and snacks.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Clifton Park, NY 12065