Database Applications Administrator
Kenra Professional®, a wholly owned subsidiary of Henkel Consumer Goods, is a fast-growing professional beauty company that is dedicated to providing performance-driven hair care products that give our loyal stylists and customers the trust and confidence to achieve their desired style. Our products are developed and manufactured to exceptionally high standards and can be found in quality salons throughout North America. The Kenra Professional Sales Team is an industry leader and our continued success stems from our culture that emphasizes teamwork, collaboration and responsibility for sales performance. We pride ourselves on constantly measuring our performance through innovative metrics driven from sales and customer data, both internal and external.
The Database Applications Administrator we seek has proven technical abilities, but also enjoys working in a team environment, is eager to embrace broad and varied responsibilities, and is dedicated to serving his/her internal customers. We believe the ideal candidate is looking for a career opportunity in which he/she contributes his/her skills to the efforts of like-minded and passionate team members in a dynamic and growing organization.
Essential Job Responsibilities, Skills & Experience:
- Monitor, maintain and enhance, as needed, SQL Server database applications --- Made2Manage, Salesforce, Accellos One WMS --- and home-grown databases
- Management and performance tuning of SQL Server in a VMware / iSCSI SAN environment
- Perform periodic maintenance on SQL Server and database applications, generally outside of business hours
- Extract, manipulate, load and report on data from multiple database and flat file sources
- Proficient with report writing using a variety of tools including SSRS, SSIS, Excel ODBC connections, Excel VBA Macros, and others
- Proficient in writing T-SQL and stored procedures, and using linked servers to interact with on-premise and cloud applications
- Discerning ability to collaborate with internal customers and understand business problems from their perspective, and then derive innovative technical solutions to those problems
- Ability to prioritize workload and juggle multiple tasks with minimal direction
- Proactively seeks out additional responsibility and to understand how his/her role fits into the broader operation of the business
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Hands-on experience with Made2Manage, Salesforce, Accellos One, and/or SAP highly desired
- Basic experience with HTML, ASP and/or .NET web development a plus
To learn more about our brands go to www.kenra.com.
Kenra offers an attractive compensation package, product discounts, and generous health and retirement benefit programs.
Indianapolis, IN 46204