Consulting Data Analyst
Working for an organization with the size and resources of Kaiser Permanente Southern California means having the potential to positively affect the health and well-being of entire communities. That's because each of us-from our financial professionals and IT team members to our RNs and physicians on the front line of care-shares a commitment to providing the best possible care experience. One of the most diverse regions in the country, Southern California offers everything from quaint coastal communities to bustling urban cities, high desert plains to snowy mountain peaks. Here, you'll find the cultural, lifestyle, and recreational amenities to complement your work and your life. Come discover the resources, support, and opportunity you need to build the career you've always wanted.
Under close supervision, this position exists to assist the organization in making strategic data-related decisions by analyzing, manipulating, tracking, internally managing, and reporting data. This position functions both as an analyst and as a SAS programmer.
- Designs and enhances databases.
- Designs menu systems that are effective and user-friendly.
- Develops reports with accurate, easy to read, useful information.
- Designs and generates tracking and monitoring tools.
- Participates in the development of outcomes and process measures, including technical specifications, to enable population measurement, guideline implementation, and evaluation.
- Maintains complex statistical SAS routines using macros, vendor software, and software written by self and others.
- Tests and maintains data integrity.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in economics, finance, health care administration, public health administration, statistics, mathematics, operations research, or related field required OR equivalent work experience in lieu of a Degree.
- Microsoft Office skills required.
- At least one (1) year of programming in SAS or equivalent statistical analytical programming language required.
- Experience with SQL, macros, AF, and SASGRAPH, PROC Report and statistical procedures in SAS preferred.
- Experience with analytical manipulation and interpretation of large databases preferred.
- Analytical consulting experience preferred.
- Project management experience desirable.
- Experience with MVS/TSO operating systems preferred.
- Strong ability to apply analytic and critical thinking skills, writing skills, communication skills, consulting skills, and ability to work within a team.
- Must be an independent self-starter.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience with SAS, Excel and Access
Pasadena, CA 91188