Sr. Data Engineer
KSM Consulting is a technology, data analytics, and management consulting firm. Since our founding in 2008, KSMC has grown steadily in its services, client base, and number of employees.
KSMC’s mission is to help our clients and each other succeed. For our data team, this includes tackling some of the most challenging business and social service challenges with insights derived from data. Our talented team of professionals embodies the KSMC Values: Client Focused, Fearless Problem Solving, Thought Leadership, Technical Excellence, Collaboration and Teamwork, Empathy, and Perseverance. We combine solution packages with open source platforms to deliver exceptional solutions for clients, encouraging creativity through Design Thinking methodology.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Perform data engineering activities, such as sourcing (ETL), data profiling, and other data sourcing and manipulation functions on complex, advanced analytics projects. This role requires internal and external collaboration, detail orientation, and laser focus on solution quality and execution.
- Work closely with the Data Analytics practice director, project managers, data architects, and data scientists on requirements, solution architecture, and development execution
- Discover, evaluate, and document data sources for quality, accuracy, availability, completeness, and other key document characteristics.Build ETL jobs and workflows to combine data from disparate sources into a centralized analytics repository
- Involvement in client-facing project activities such as requirements gathering, solution reviews, and explaining technical complexities and business benefits in layperson terms
- Helping define and create database schemas and architecture design related documentation
- R&D and long-term positioning of the around current and emerging technologies related to data sourcing, cleansing, and combination
Skills and Experience:
- Three or more years of data sourcing and ETL, business intelligence, data architecture, database development, or analytics experience
- Hands on experience with aspects of analytics solution delivery including data sourcing, architecture, and data modeling of warehouses/marts/repositories, data integration/transformation/ETL, APIs, cubes, reporting and analytics
- Experience with one or more ETL toolset (SAP Data Services and Microsoft SSIS are desirable)
- Experience sourcing data from various relational database platforms (Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, etc.)
- Experience sourcing data from flat files (JSON, CSV, etc.)
- Exposure to various application development platforms is desirable
- Collaborative team player who is detailed oriented, focused on solution quality and execution
- Progressive mindset particularly around deployment models and emerging technologies
- Comfortable working across wide range of project sizes and industries
- Entrepreneurial mindset – being integral part of building the Business Intelligence Practice
Bachelor's Degree in a technical field