Marketing Data Analyst
Jump Trading is a globally-positioned, proprietary trading firm that remains on the cutting edge of algorithmic trading. We are a privately funded company and do not rely on outside investors or private equity. With offices in Chicago, London, Singapore and most recently New York, we trade across all major asset classes in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Because of our ongoing commitment to technology and human capital we have become an industry leader, quietly setting the standard for sophisticated trading strategies. We enjoy a casual atmosphere and a flat organizational structure.
Our managing partners are passionate about supporting the exploration of new strategies and concepts throughout the company. They not only encourage new ideas, they expect them. We are more than 350 people with an incredibly diverse set of backgrounds, but collectively we share in our commitment to innovation and Jump's continued success.
At Jump, potential candidates will find a group of people committed to intellectual rigor, strong teamwork, and the pursuit of great discoveries. We recognize that to remain successful, it is imperative that we continue to hire and retain exceptional talent. We offer exceptional compensation and benefits packages.
The Market Data Analyst will be a part of a team responsible for ensuring quality and timeliness of archived market data, maintaining and improving the infrastructure used by by Jump's quantitative researchers for statistical analysis, and contributing to improve archive management, access, and statistical tools. This position will provide first level support for Jump's data archives. The automation and infrastructure for the archive is evolving quickly, and this analyst will work with all of the impacted parties to ensure that these evolutions occur with minimal impact to production usage or to our ability to support the environment at a world-class level. The individual in this role will be expected to be a subject matter expert on market data messaging and Jump's archiving environment. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to master advanced data archiving and grid computing technologies while performing day-to-day administrative and support. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage applications which capture market data and prepare the data for consumption by archive clients.
- Verify the integrity of the archived data and resolve data integrity issues.
- Act as a primary support contact for Jump's Quant users regarding archive issues and concerns; mentor users regarding best practices for data access.
- As a central point of contact between users, system and grid administrators, developers, and storage engineers:
- Gather business and technical requirements for the archive environment and translate into infrastructure and development requirements.
- Eliminate systemic issues, improve quality of archived data and monitoring tools, and improve our ability to uncover data integrity issues in real time
- Coordinate production archive troubleshooting and changes
- Build and enhance archive data quality, system monitoring, and statistical tools
Experience and Skills:
- 3 + years scripting experience in either Perl or Python (Python is preferred)
- Compiling, installing, testing, and troubleshooting linux application software
- IP networking in a Linux environment
- Application and system performance monitoring experience
- Ability to manage applications and processes in a distributed and clustered environment
- Demonstrated troubleshooting experience
- Keen eye for process and automation improvements and ability to discern patterns
- Highly focused on user needs, taking ownership of the user experience
- Ability to exercise appropriate judgment when managing system incidents, including communicating with users and technicians and taking decisive action
- Demonstrated drive and persistence to get to the bottom of an issue or to complete a task when confronted with obstacles
- Team player with ability to work in a fast-paced environment and context switch as business needs require
- Ability to participate in on-call rotation or irregular workday hours as needed
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a combination of education and work experience equivalent
Chicago, IL 60654