Jump Trading is a globally-positioned, proprietary trading firm that remains on the cutting edge of algorithmic trading. We are a privately funded company and do not rely on outside investors or private equity. With offices in Chicago, London, Singapore and most recently New York, we trade across all major asset classes in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Because of our ongoing commitment to technology and human capital we have become an industry leader, quietly setting the standard for sophisticated trading strategies.
Our managing partners are passionate about supporting the exploration of new strategies and concepts throughout the company. They not only encourage new ideas, they expect them. We are more than 350 people with an incredibly diverse set of backgrounds, but collectively we share in our commitment to innovation and Jump's continued success which has recently expanded operations in the UK and Singapore.
At Jump, potential candidates will find a group of people committed to intellectual rigor, strong teamwork, and the pursuit of great discoveries. We recognize that to remain successful, it is imperative that we continue to hire and retain exceptional talent. We offer exceptional compensation and benefits packages.
As the Data Engineer, you will closely manage and support all market data that is delivered through a variety of sources. You will capture, parse, load, archive and support the raw market data so that it can be delivered to the firm in an efficient manner.
Responsibilities as the Data Engineer include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with vendors and vendor documentation to understand the data.
- Assume ownership and effectively manage the content of the data.
- Work diligently to identify and resolve any integrity issues in the data.
- Seek out changes and/or opportunities within the data set that may be valuable and surface those findings accordingly.
- Work with trading and support groups to understand how they want to use the data.
- Advise on how they can best accomplish this by querying the raw data.
- Work with IT to manage the development of more involved loaders, and interface all loaders with live distribution systems to support production trading.
- Create automated checks on capture and load processes that ensure they are operating normally, and that the data they load is correct.
- Follow up with vendors if issues are discovered.
- Create automated reconciliation and data validation processes.
Experience and Skills:
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience working with diverse data sets. Ideally, this should include some time as an end user of complex data sets and working with Big Data.
- 2+ years working with relational databases (SQL Server, Sybase MySQL, or Oracle).
- Exposure to at least one NoSQL database
- At least 2 years working with Linux, including a working knowledge of system administration, task scheduling and load monitoring
- 2+ years in Python (preferred), Java or similar language, plus basic shell scripting.
- Strong unit testing / test driven coding style
- Must possess excellent communication, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Must be organized, and be able to produce clear documentation for loaders and data.