Database Administrator (Associate)
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
- Perform Database Design, Installation, Development and Support of Sybase Adaptive Server, Microsoft SQL Server and Replication Server databases.
- Schedule maintenance tasks, plan production upgrades and capacity planning. Schedule DBCC and update statistics on database and ensure data consistency and better performance.
- Implement Database Backup Procedures, Restoration Procedures, Disaster Recovery procedures and perform Contingency plans Testing.
- Assist developers with code enhancements, tuning of queries and indexing the tables properly.
- Develop centralized Monitoring and onboard all the databases. Build and maintain Sybase Warm Standby and Ad-hoc replication.
- Design and implement Disaster Recovery site using SQL SERVER Log Shipping, Database Mirroring and failover clusters.
- Perform Query Optimization, Debugging, Tuning and Improvising performance of the databases.
- Link multiple servers and create Remote Procedure Calls (RPC) to pull process and populate data from same or different RDBMS.
- Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) data using DTS, SSIS, Import/Export utility, BCP and DTS Packages.
- Monitor memory, CPU utilization, disk utilization, locks, deadlocks and runtime of queries.
- Implement different types of Replication Models like Merge, Snapshot and Transactional Replication.
- Use the following tools and programs: DBArtisan, Microsoft Management Console, Oracle OEM, Geneos, and SQL Sentry monitoring.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field.
- 2 years of work experience in job offered or 2 years of work experience in a database administration-related occupation.
Experience must include:
- RDBMS - Sybase ASE 11.x/12.x/15.x & Sybase Replication Server 12x/15.x, MS SQL SERVER 2000/2005/2008, and Oracle 9i/10g;
- Programming Languages - TSQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell Script, Perl, and C, or C++;
- ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services and DTS packages;
- Microsoft Business Intelligence: SQL Server REPORTING Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS);
- Data Modeling: Erwin and Microsoft Visio; and
- Software/Tools: SQL Backtrack, Veritas Netbackup, PowerDesigner, DBArtisan, Aquadata, and Sybase Central.