Sr Business Intelligence Analyst
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, will support the development and implementation of Invesco’s distribution efforts through development, production and delivery of timely, action-oriented intelligence to accelerate the sales cycle, generate predictive analytics and improve sales force productivity through targeted segmentation. Additionally, they will be responsible for collaborating with sales leadership under the direction of Director in the creation of value-add analytics to measure and support strategic initiatives. The analyst will also interact across other functional areas on projects related to US Retail distribution as directed.
- Development, production and delivery of timely, action-oriented intelligence to:
- accelerate the sales cycle (through identification of advisor behavioral activities leading from awareness to advocacy)
- generate predictive analytics (early identification of trends at a product, firm or advisor level; identification of assets at risk through integration of performance data with advisor holdings, activity and transaction data)
- improve sales force productivity through targeted segmentation (leveraging internal and third party data)
- increase firm profitability through meaningful contributions to organizational effectiveness and efficiency
- Participate in the development and production of recurring and ad hoc requests and systematic reporting (Management Reports, ad hoc, Flashboards, Big Tickets, Unit Trusts, Large Trades, Pipeline reporting - Placements & RFPs), data-centric collateral development for Business Development team, Sales Management, IVZ Leadership
- Collaborates with Director of Business Intelligence and Data Strategy in the development, implementation, enhancement and augmentation of strategic initiatives through identification, assessment and execution of value-add analytics
- Participate in projects related to business intelligence, analytics and reporting specific to US Retail distribution; interaction with IT in development and enhancements of sales reporting infrastructure
- Contribute to the design, integration, deployment and support of business analysis tools and a Client Relationship Management (CRM) system. Works cross functionally with the Transfer Agency, Product Team, and with IT – all in order to build out the system and enhance deliverables
- Provide direction to analytics team in India to best leverage and prioritize work that is best suited for completion through this reporting utility team. Create and refine business protocol documents to ensure delivery of accurate collateral from analytics team in India
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Undergraduate degree and graduate or advanced degree preferred. 6 - 8 years of combined experience related to strategic planning, management consulting, sales, marketing, client insight and knowledge management and marketing research preferably in the financial services industry.
- Demonstrated ability to multi task and quickly respond to requirements of multiple business units (i.e. Retail, Retirement and National Accounts) as well as establish and maintain positive relationships with these entities.
- Must have well developed interpersonal relationship skills to be able to work closely with others in a team environment under minimal supervision.
- Must have strong knowledge of MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, MS Excel. SQL programming experience is a strong plus and willingness to expand technical skills such as SQL through on the job training or independently is expected. Experience with Siebel and/or Salesforce.com CRM preferred.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to take ownership of issues, initiative actions and make effective decisions.
- Solid understanding of technology including databases, data integration, contact management systems, data analysis tools and e-commerce technologies.
Houston, TX 77046