Sr Software Engineer - Big Data Analytics Platform
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized on Fortune's “100 Best Companies To Work For” and at the top of Fortune World’s “Most Admired Software Companies.” Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that change the financial lives of more than 50 million personal users, seven million small businesses, and over 1,800 financial institutions and their millions of customers worldwide.
Combining organic growth with strategic partnerships, Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market -- from QuickBooks®, Quicken®, and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, Intuit Healthcare Solutions, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Intuit’s Consumer Group includes TurboTax products, the nation’s best-selling do-it-yourself tax software, and Quicken and Mint products, the leading personal finance solutions. We empower people to get great money outcomes with ease.
Come join the CG Analytics Platform as a Senior Software Engineer. The CG Analytics Platform is leveraging big data technologies to gain new insights into our TurboTax customer experience. Some of the technologies leveraged by CG Analytics Platform include: Mule, ActiveMQ, Flume, HBase, Hadoop, and Vertica. We foster an open team environment where we value direct interactions and working code above "working in a cave".
- Gathering functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning
- Designing/developing web, software, mobile data collection apps, prototypes, or proofs of concepts (POC’s)
- Act in a technical leadership capacity: Mentoring junior engineers, new team members, and applying technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems
- Roughly 70-85% hands-on coding
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams: Product Management, Business Analytics, Data Science, various product lines, and business units to drive great results
- Contribute to the design and architecture of the project
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
- 6+ years experience developing web, software, or mobile applications.
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Big Data Technologies (any of the following) Hadoop, MPPRDBMS, SolR
- Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- 1+ years experience with web services (consuming or creating) with REST or SOAP.
- Solid communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong understanding of the Software design/architecture process.
- Experience with unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Communication is king
- Goals and design principles guide your decisions
- How you achieve a result is equally important as the result itself
- Data will answer any debate
- Mistakes are common; just don't learn the same mistake twice
- Anything can be learned
Discover what it’s like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It’s time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: http://jobs.intuit.com/. Intuit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Be yourself. Be Intuit.
San Diego, CA 92129