Principal Data Scientist
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized on Fortune's “100 Best Companies To Work For” and at the top of Fortune World’s “Most Admired Software Companies.” Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that change the financial lives of more than 50 million personal users, seven million small businesses, and over 1,800 financial institutions and their millions of customers worldwide.
Combining organic growth with strategic partnerships, Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market -- from QuickBooks®, Quicken®, and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, Intuit Healthcare Solutions, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Intuit's Financial Management Solutions (FMS), a division of the Small Business Group offers our Flagship Quickbooks product in desktop, web and mobile offerings, as well as innovative 3rd party apps that integrate with Quickbooks via our Intuit Partner Platform. We improve the bottom line of small business by helping them start, run and grow their businesses, with EASE.
Principal Data Scientist – Small Business Personalization
We are seeking a data science leader with a passion for creating fully integrated data products used by millions. The Intuit Partner Platform (http://ipp.intuit.com) team is creating a new customer-facing product driven by deep data analytics. You will be the data science leader for an agile, fast growing, highly focused team with the potential to fundamentally change how our Small Business customers, partners and developers do business together. You will start with deep, unique well of Small Business data, and help unleash its potential to provide true personalization.
Your role will be to act as data science leader, principal contributor, and mentor to a team that is building an end-to-end product-integrated Recommender System for online and offline personalization.
Intuit is a leading software provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses, consumers and accounting professionals. IPP is the leading SaaS solution for small business customers, developers, and partners. By providing PaaS plus Data, IPP is uniquely positioned to be the market leaders on how our developers and customers are embracing cloud computing.
At IPP, the data science (DS), product development (PD), product management (PM), and quality assurance (QA) disciplines are first-class citizens that partner to define and deliver high-quality features and experiences. If you have a passion and desire for making a positive impact to the company bottom line in an agile environment, this is the place for you.
- Data Science leadership for the Small Business Personalization and Recommender System
- Define the modeling approach and algorithmic strategy for a multi-sided Recommender System
- Select, apply, and tune a diverse set of tools to coherently solve challenging business goals
- Create an automated learning system that gracefully scales to increasing complexity and expectation
- Predictive and explanatory modeling, optimization, and visualization
- Develop predictive models that match the right customers to the right offer at the right time
- Optimize complex systems to continually increase engagement, satisfaction, and revenue
- Generate descriptive visualizations, presentations, and infographics to communicate insights
- Personal leadership and deep collaboration
- Mentor a team of data scientists on modeling, optimization, and visualization
- Partner deeply with PD, PM, and QA throughout the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Take on challenging tasks, provide realistic timelines, and act with urgency to achieve them
- Deep technical excellence in Data Science
- BS, MS or PhD in a technical discipline with strong statistical emphasis
- 7+ years of industry experience in Data Science, data analytics, and/or applied statistics
- 3+ years of experience in a statistically-focused deep Data Science role
- Experience building data products or deeply integrated analytics across multiple product releases
- Machine Learning, Data Mining, and Applied Statistics expertise
- Depth of understanding and application of Machine Learning for clustering, classification, and optimizationo Facility with Data Mining techniques such as data acquisition, data transformation, and data cleaning
- Demonstrated expertise with statistical computing tools, approaches, and environments (such as R)
- Use of visualization for insight generation and communication
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Applicable deep domain expertise preferred
- Recommender Systems or in-product Personalization
- Multi-sided commerce or marketplaces
- Advertising networks or ad-serving platforms
- Learn more about our award winning workplace and how we give back to our local and global communities.
Mountain View, CA 94043