The Data Architect is responsible for design and builds OLTP, Object-Oriented and/or Data Warehouse/Data Marts databases for data storage or processing. This position requires solid working knowledge of data modeling, data architecture, data marts, ODS, MDM as well as ETL and PL/SQL experience.
About the Team
The Data Architect reports to the Director Application Development, and is part of the Information Technology team.
- Architecting and implementing high quality Data Warehouse solutions. Must be aware of migration and implementation plans that address both tactical and strategic needs.
- Architecting, implementing and evolving OLTP databases for custom applications across the different IT groups
- Define and govern logical model and data warehouse best practices and standards to include software development practices, design styles and software deployment. Analyze technologies, technical processes and/or functions, document findings, identify areas for improvement and create specifications and implement.
- Provide strategic direction to the organization by creating reference architectures and defining governance for the different database storages.
- Support the implementation of the Master Data Management technology
- Design and normalize the logical data model to third normal form.
- Facilitate the discovery of entities, attributes, relationships, and business rules from the functional experts and the user community.
- Develop and manage data models and associated metadata for the enterprise.
- Recommend and establish standards, guidelines, and procedures for design and maintenance.
- Maintain applications (EAI/ETL technologies) within a high-availability and high volume environment
- Design, code, test, and document all new or modified BI systems, application, processes and programs.
- Assist in the design of databases and data warehouse to ensure interoperability with BI solutions.
- Produce ETL design and guidelines to ensure a manageable ETL infrastructure for the BI system.
- Design and deliver end-user training and training materials.
- Troubleshoot BI tools, database systems, and software; performance-tune these applications as necessary.
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems or Computer Engineeer
- Minimum 5 years of applicable experience, including:
- Comprehensive Business Intelligence / Datawarehousing experience, with full knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data modeling.
- Strong experience with tier-one applications, data warehouses, databases and SQL.
- Experience with ETL tools like BusinessObjects Data Integrator (as developer / designer).
- Experience with MDM tools
- Ability to architect, design and develop Data Marts, Data Warehousing and OLTP solution.
- Strong Business Analysis skills and understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Full project management and development life cycle experience.
- PL/SQL and Transact-SQL
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent communication and strong team player.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, Managed-by-Objectives and minimum supervision, “Can do” attitude
- Eager to learn new technologies and apply his/her knowledge in the job
- Troubleshooting techniques is a MUST
- Experience in Business Objects tools, such as Designer, Data Integrator, and BO Universe.
- Experience with Business Objects XI 3.1 / BI 4.0 (Designer, Webi, OLAP, Xcelsius, QaaWS, Live Office, Crystal and other BO tools).
- Enterprise Database experience with Oracle 9i /10– PL/SQL, MS SQL server, and others
- Experience with No-SQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
- Experience with Master Data Management.
- Certifications in Analytics, ETL or Business Intelligence tools are a big plus.
Charlestown, MA 02129