As a Data Scientist, you are required to use advanced quantitative analysis, data mining techniques and strong industry acumen to interpret, connect and predict Sales and Marketing data, in order to deliver insight and recommendations for business decisions.
You must love working with complex data, be passionate about finding the insights (and tell a meaningful story) based on the data and be confident to present your findings to all levels of the organization, including peers, senior management and internal customers.
You may also be required to drive improvement efforts as a result of your analysis; design and develop statistical models based on the operating needs of the organization as well as oversee the ongoing data processing cycles. A successful candidate should be one who maintains updated statistical knowledge, possesses sensitivity towards the business environment and feels comfortable in making rational judgments.
The ideal candidate in this position will have following responsibilities:
- Work on large data sets of structured, semi-structured unstructured data to discover data insights and collaborate with business partners to deliver business value through these insights.
- Combine strengths in data management, analysis, applied statistics, visualization capabilities
- Ability to work with Line of Business teams with a healthy sense of exploration and driving business insights.
- Develop data analysis solutions based on predictive, behavioral or other models via statistical analysts and use of relevant modeling techniques.
In this role the candidate will also collaborate with engineering, architecture and other BI teams to ensure that requirements for integration, security, data quality and cross functional usage are addressed.
- MS or PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative disciplines.
- Extensive experience solving analytic problems using quantitative approaches and a proven passion for generating insights from data.
- Experience in manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources.
- Strong knowledge of statistical methods generally, and particularly in the areas of modeling and business analytics.
- Experience in designing data insight solutions using technologies such as Hadoop/Hive, HBase, NoSQL, Netezza and working with statistical tools like SAS, R/Rapid Miner is preferred.
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- 2 or more years of Sales or Marketing industry experience will be an added advantage
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.
Santa Clara, CA 95054