Systems and Operations Program Officer
Institute of International Education
In today’s business landscape, systems are universally utilized to perform and expand opportunities. Come join the Scholar Exchanges team and make an impact implementing systems and business processes for foreign education exchange programs. This position will directly collaborate and drive impact across the Fulbright Scholars Program, Fulbright Specialists Program, and the Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program. If you are seeking to support international programs, develop networks domestically and abroad, and promote education, this is the opportunity for you! The Systems and Operations Officer supports systems administration integration across the Department’s business units, most prominently working with the Fulbright Scholar Program sponsored by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the U.S. Department of State (ECA). The Systems and Operations Officer will:
- Provide oversight, upgrades and implementation of the program’s core systems and technologies;
- Train users and engage key stakeholders on system usage, integrations, and updates; and,
- Oversee programmatic processes related to systems management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the design and implementation of systems and processes that support program administration of all aspects of the grantee lifecycle, including recruitment of candidates and application processing; grantee nomination and selection; grantee monitoring; and grantee closeout procedures.
- Lead the migration of current and historical program data from multiple sources into IIE’s customer relationship management (CRM) tool.
- Maintain data accuracy and provide technical assistance within the IIE CRM system and Transmittal System, including development of processes for data updates, bulk uploads, user access, and creation of new records.
- Support the implementation of the CRM self-service portal to facilitate the exchange of data and documents between program staff and grantees.
- Oversee programmatic processes across the division.
- Liaises externally with vendors, who provide products and services to support divisional technologies.
- Within the Operations team, support the production of complex, recurrent and ad hoc reports from various data sources. Ensure data is clean, accurate, and reports meet the sponsor’s needs. Collaborate with additional stakeholders as needed.
- Support the development and rollout of training and materials for team members.
- Responsible for complying with applicable contract and sponsor requirements and following all IIE policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties and functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in information systems or related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience supporting systems integration projects and/or custom reporting and metrics solutions.
- Experience working within Oracle CRM OnDemand or similar business intelligence tool strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong conceptual understanding of databases and data exchange issues; ability to synthesize multiple internal/external systems into a single larger process flow.
- Ability to compare and evaluate possible courses of action and recommend or decide appropriate course of action.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to read and interpret documents such as policy and procedure manuals, and write clear, concise instructions, routing reports and correspondence.
- Experience in projects and tasks involving complex details which require well-developed organizational, time-management and administrative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a large volume of work with a high degree of data integrity.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Work Environment and Physical Demands: Essential functions are typically performed in an office setting with a low level of noise. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
IIE is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/ Individuals with Disabilities