IMM - Ideas Made Measurable
Does ensuring billions of datapoints move to the proper places at the proper times to fuel advanced analytics systems sound right up your alley? Do you enjoy implementing the latest cloud-based solutions? Do you relish the challenge of connecting obscure data sets to help drive insight and make actionable change? If this is you, IMM is seeking a Data Engineer that will challenge you and propel your career path in data engineering, analytics, and development.
If this sounds like you and you seek a challenge, we want to hear from you!
A Day in the Life
This role is responsible for supporting the data engineering efforts of the data analytics department. You will be tasked with ensuring that our systems for retrieving and sending data from and to a small host of sources run smoothly and effectively. You will contribute to both day to day operations as well as to the planning and implementation of long-term development objectives and new data products. You will support the team in turning data into actionable insights & recommendations through understanding the data you are moving through the pipelines you develop and ensuring its quality on delivery, and you will push our processes to go further, faster so that we can continue to deliver cutting edge products and reporting. The ideal candidate will have experience in digital marketing data infrastructure, an understanding of cloud databasing systems, and have a deep working knowledge of data pipeline tools, ETL processes, and implementation strategies.
You will play a significant role in generating and maintaining solid, accurate, and automated data pipelines that feed our current data products and facilitate the development of new tools and processes. This position is designed for a person interested in a hands-on role of maintaining our data warehouse, data pipeline infrastructure, and who is looking to have significant insight and impact on the development of internal marketing data products. No two days will be the same.
Here are some specifics on exactly what your days might look like:
- Create and edit SQL scripts and stored procedures that extract and curate data from multiple sources with an eye towards accuracy and consistency
- Develop ETL and data pipeline infrastructure in to connect various databasing systems and extract data from 3rd party APIs
- Understand product objectives and work with different units within the team to help identify and plan against acquiring the required data
- Identify key risks in current pipeline and create mitigation plans to ensure continual data flows are achieved with minimal downtimes (The spice must flow!)
- Help migrate data pipelines to resilient and modern systems to help improve internal efficiencies and future proof the business
- Make recommendations on process improvement and operational execution on delivery of data and assets to support internal process
Integrate proprietary data streams from unique client systems and communicate with client's engineers on requirements and technical integrations
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- 3+ years of experience in Data Engineering, ETL, or a large set of data pipeline projects
- 3+ years of working with complex custom SQL databases
- Experience working with cloud databases, systems, and tooling (AWS preferred)
- Experience using ETL tools and software – Talend preferred but not required
- Proficiency in at least one modern scripting or programming language such as Python, Java, or Scala.
Here's what will make us call you for sure:
- Demonstrated experience building production level data pipelines
- Aptitude to learn new technologies quickly and efficiently
- Understanding of the digital marketing environment and metrics or willingness to learn
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Talent for communicating complex problems proactively
- Ability to apply sound judgment in problem solving situations
- Well-developed organizational skills, attention to detail
- Self-driven attitude with a desire to tackle hard problems
- Ability to understand the importance of tasks to the business and both prioritize accordingly and communicate those priorities proactively
- Desire to operate in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and fun environment
Not required, but will definitely give you an edge:
- Deep AWS knowledge
- Previous marketing data pipeline experience
- Previous product development experience
And if we haven't convinced you yet, here is why you'll want to be part of our team:
We are a group of individuals who strive for excellence. That means that we work hard to produce the best products on the market and to provide excellent service to our clients. It also means that we support our team members like family both in their real lives as well as in their careers. Plus, it means we throw some really kick ass parties. Here is what that looks like:
- Safe workspace and remote options for the current situation
- Free on-site parking
- Dogs are welcome at the office! (or as zoom cameos)
- Time off is as important as hard work! Flex PTO plans are standard for all salaried employees.
- Generous holidays including a reduced schedule between Christmas and New Years
- Half-day Fridays for ski season and summertime!
- We make sure our team is well cared for with strong health plans - We even cover our employees' dental and vision premiums! And if you already have great health care through a spouse or partner, we get it, you shouldn't be punished for that. We'll drop you some extra cash since you aren't benefitting from our plan.
- Access to Flexible Spending Accounts Plan
- Matching traditional and Roth 401k – 4% match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Supplemental leave: generous paternity and maternity leave programs, because family first!
- 4-week paid sabbatical after 10 years of service
- Life Insurance
- Travel Assistance
- A killer culture with team members who have your back!
- Did we mention our office is literally right next door to two craft breweries?
Base Salary: $75-$90k DOE
COME AS YOU ARE: your gender, your gods, your sex life, your skin color or your big shot uncle don't make a difference here. IMM, LLC is an open-minded meritocracy. If you're smart and good at what you do, we want to work with you!