Chief Data Architect (Cloud)
As a division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications, with its products downloaded more than one million times a day across desktop, browser and mobile devices.
As the Chief Data Architect you will focus on the continuous delivery of private and public cloud based infrastructure, data and application architectural solutions from strategy through implementation. The ideal candidate will have the necessary technology, communication and leadership skills to hands-on manage highly visible and complex projects from start to finish. This role requires proficiency with developing realistic project plans to meet delivery objectives and the ability to maintain and establish required service levels. You will be a part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, which thrives on delivering transformational solutions and maximizing value to their stakeholders. As a leader of the cloud transformation process, you must be passionate about data, be a change agent and mentor, and a strong collaborator with the various business and technology leaders. This opportunity will challenge both your technical skills as well as your creativity with an element of fun!
This position will collaborate closely with other technology and business teams to establish data solutions for analysis, modeling, designing, and go to market initiatives. You will be required to quickly build rapport and credibility with product management, BI, software and data development teams.
- Provide architectural leadership for technology solutions, data architectures, data warehouse, cloud and infrastructure initiatives
- Design and develop high volume data ingestion components and ETL solutions to collect data from various internal and external sources
- Recommend data governance processes, security standards, and models that will provide architectural guidelines to support the development initiatives
- Participate in strategic and tactical planning and design sessions and conduct “whiteboard” sessions with product management, BI, data engineering, architects, operations and development team l
- Ensures data quality and controls are in place to support of various data ingestion inflows and outflows processes
- Manage and use tools in the cloud data warehouse development and deployment such as ETL tools, data quality and cleansing tools, query/reporting tools, OLAP, data mining, etc.
- Administer the overall data warehouse strategy, architectures and security, definition of data models, all data marts, evaluation of infrastructure components, software, performance and data applications design
- Drive decision-making processes to align with business priorities and objectives related to key architecture solutions
- Research emerging technology trends, new models, vendor solutions and market opportunities to identify potential industry disruptors that could help the organization dominate their position in the market
- Responsible for developing/implementing cloud infrastructure to support current and future business needs
- Technical BS degree, Computer Science or Math / Statistics background highly desired
- Significant experience with Cloud Data Warehouse technologies and complex data architecture and models
- Working knowledge of designing architectures for large volume real time data streams and component services
- Knowledge of and experience with Big Data technologies, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon Redshift, HADOOP, NOSQL, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Snowflake, etc.
- Experience with scaling and improving a variety of vendor and open-source technologies
- Experienced in agile data and development engineering methods
- Good communications and listening skills are critical components of this job. Must be able to interact with development and infrastructure teams, business and vendors including the training and mentoring of team members.
- A proven track record for the successful delivery of cloud data warehouse solutions and related components
- Must be a tenacious problem solver able to make routine decisions as well as after-hours support requirements.
- Good understanding of fault-tolerant architectures and high availability
DID WE MENTION BREAKFAST IS ON US…EVERY DAY?
…Or how about the fact that we provide unlimited amounts of free soda, bottled water, and healthy snacks to keep you going throughout the day? We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including a robust medical, dental & vision plan, unlimited vacation, employer matching 401k, transit check vouchers, and tuition reimbursement, among many other cool perks! Add to that summer outings, team gatherings, Nerf-gun battles, cupcakes for your work anniversary, and you’ve got yourself a pretty great deal.
IAC Applications is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
As an IAC company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications is part of a family that includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including About.com, HomeAdvisor, Vimeo and The Daily Beast. IAC is consistently ranked in Fortune magazine’s list among the world's most admired companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector.
Yonkers, NY 10701