Programmer/Analyst, Integrations and Data Architecture
By generating and distributing power, each person at Hydro Ottawa is part of empowering the lives of people in the communities we serve.
Our work means all the activities that make up our lives – at home, at work, at play – are there when we need them.
That purpose unites us and fuels our work. And if joining us in this essential work energizes you too, we may have the opportunity for you.
The Programmer/Analyst, Integration and Data Architecture is responsible for development, testing and implementation of data management and integration processes and technology. This role is focused on improving the efficiency of various information systems and establishing reliable communication between systems. End-to-end “hands on” experience is required working with data, including querying, aggregation, analysis, modelling and visualization to translate raw data into actionable information for decision makers. Acting as the technical lead to project teams, the Programmer/Analyst will manage various aspects of data and integration requirements to meet strategic objectives and data transformation The successful candidate must be a self-motivated team player with the ability and passion to see enhancement initiatives through from design to completion within prescribed time frames.
• Lead technical activity related to data management and integrations, including working with internal and external resources, as it relates to assigned IT projects and/or ongoing operational work.
• Understand and translate business requirements into detailed solution requirements to form technical scope of project.
• Architect data models, data dictionaries, analytical approaches, and data transformations that empower stakeholders, enabling them to access data and draw insights in a self-serve manner.
• Contribute to design and implementation of Big Data and Data Warehouse solutions, including requirements analysis, platform selection, technical architecture design, application design and development, testing, and deployment.
• Develop system integrations and data feeds to and from corporate data sources in alignment with the corporate data strategy
• Act as a liaison between the project team and other functional groups on technical matters relevant to the project deliverables.
• Participate in the architecture review process and contribute to the formation and implementation of the IT application roadmap.
• Assist in leveraging technology and use knowledge of IT solutions to maximize opportunities, support business process design and drive organizational change.
• Investigate and troubleshoot problems, including impact analysis of change on all systems and business areas in order to recommend appropriate remediation.
• Perform both unit and integration tests to delivered solutions and monitor accordingly after implementation to ensure requirements are satisfied.
• Provide direction to end users and assist in the effective and efficient resolution of issues.
• Create, edit and maintain documentation, such as but not limited to, process mapping, interface mapping, entity relationship diagrams, database schemas and test cases.
• Other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Post-secondary education in a related field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Engineering
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in the Information Technology field
• Experience with databases such as Oracle (SQL,PL/SQL, ODA) , SQLServer
• Experience with integration and extract transform load (ETL) tools (such as Oracle Data Integrator, Boomi, Jitterbit, Kafka, AWS integration solution)
• Minimum 3 years’ experience integrating systems with web services and cloud based solutions such as Okta, Workday, Salesforce and principles such as REST, API
• Experience with application development and source control
• Experience with cloud in general including cloud-based data solutions considered an asset (AWS, Oracle, Microsoft, Google)
• Experience with full project lifecycle including estimating, design, and development
• Experience with web servers and middleware (e.g. Web Logic, Java, Apache ecosystem)
• Experience with Linux and scripting languages (Python, Shell scripts, Perl)
• Broad knowledge of technologies and applications and gathering and interpreting data
• Utility experience considered an asset
• Experience with data warehousing solutions such as AWS Redshift, Oracle Warehouse, Hadoop, Snowflake considered an asset
• English essential, both oral and written; Bilingual (English/French) considered an asset