Huron Consulting Group
About the Practice/Client:
Formed in 2002, Huron Consulting Group is a public company listed on the NASDAQ exchange under the symbol “HURN” and stands out as one of the fastest growing financial and operational consulting firms in the industry. With a global reach, we deliver practical business advice and solutions that extend far beyond transactions and which are supported by objective, sustainable and measurable results. We help our clients improve performance, comply with complex regulations, resolve disputes, recover from distress, leverage technology, and stimulate growth. We service a wide variety of both financially sound and distressed organizations including leading academic institutions, healthcare organizations, Fortune 500 companies, medium-sized businesses, and the law firms which represent these various organizations. Primary practice areas are: Health & Education Consulting, Legal Consulting, and Financial Consulting.
Huron Healthcare’s Product Services Team is committed to helping the best hospitals and health systems around the country continue to prosper in the rapidly changing healthcare environment. As part of Huron Healthcare’s Product Services offering, DBAs function in an escalated, second level technical support environment, assisting the implementation and support function to maintain and evolve Huron’s proprietary software products in their day-to-day operations.
Our team supports the health and maintenance of several hundred Microsoft SQL Server systems at healthcare organizations across the country through support escalation and proactive database administration activities. Our DBAs go beyond traditional escalated technical support and identify areas of opportunity to leverage technology in software implementation and software support efficiency improvements. Additionally, this team assists as needed with software releases and service pack / hotfix distribution and deployment from Huron Healthcare’s Product Management development team.
In addition to production support of SQL Server databases, the Production DBA is responsible for creating and re-designing a number of processes to help standardize and monitor production installations. Production DBAs must have extensive experience administering SQL Server 2008 (and later) databases.
- Implement and support SQL Server Database Systems, Reporting Services and Integration Services on 2008 servers.
- Monitor health of database servers installed at client sites and take appropriate preventative actions.
- When necessary, develop tools and reports to monitor server health effectively.
- Perform problem resolution and root cause analysis along with recommending and implementing preventive techniques.
- Design, install, tune, maintain and monitor SQL Server databases, products and services; including, but not limited to, storage management, T-SQL performance tuning, troubleshooting, backup and recovery, and change/configuration maintenance.
- Work closely with development and implementation teams to design and implement SQL Server databases, associated tools and processes in support of complex business application development and deployment.
- Scope includes Huron's OLTP applications and OLAP business intelligence tools.
- Provide technical consulting in identifying, implementing and supporting new SQL Server database functionality.
- Ensure standardization of systems implementation, support techniques, and adherence to formal processes, change control, best practices, and total quality practices in all activities.
- Evaluate new database technologies such as SQL Server 2012 and facilitate adoption decisions.
- Coach and mentor the development, implementation and support team members on best practices for database technologies.
- 3-5+ years of experience in managing SQL Server installations in various settings such as clustered, non clustered, using SAN, etc.
- Experience in the following areas: managing SQL Databases on multiple servers; housing large amounts of data; large numbers of users; ETL processes (SSIS, Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, SQL Agent and Transact SQL) in OLTP/Data Warehousing environments; performance tuning, analysis, problem research/definition/resolution.
- 2+ years of experience in SQL Server 2008 environment.
- 2+ years of experience in managing a large scale data warehouse environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required – preferably specializing in computer science, management information systems, or some other analytical or computer-related discipline.
- Experience supporting IIS, BizTalk, Windows Clustering is a plus.
- MCITP (Database Administrator) or MCSE certification is a plus.
- Experience in database design and architecture helpful.
- Experience in XP/SCRUM team is a plus.
- Position involves very little travel, as most of the work will be performed at our Headquarters in Lake Oswego, OR.
- H-1B candidates will be considered for this role. Green card sponsorship is available in certain circumstances.
Lake Oswego, OR 97035