Enterprise Data Architect
The Enterprise Database Architect position is responsible for leading a key element of enterprise data management function and is primarily focused on overall data & database architecture and core platforms interaction with data and their repositories either relational or non-relational database frameworks. Person in this position works closely with decentralized application and platform architects focused on the identification, definition, and creation of data architecture artifacts associated with reference architectures, blueprints, patterns, information as a service, logical and physical information and data models, interaction diagrams, standards, technical stacks, governance, and technology planning and management. This includes the support of data governance, repository standards, information infrastructure, and core information management capabilities such as: master data management, data capacity management, indexing and searching across structured and unstructured data in our federated enterprise, data lifecycle management, reporting, data security, data quality management, meta data management, and enterprise content management.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain Business Information Model and Data Flow Architecture for the various lines of business within the organization.
- Assess industry standards for information models, and where appropriate incorporate them into our information architecture standards
- Develop data management strategy and process around data governance, custody, stewardship and security
- Define and identify reference data, and provide strategy and process to harmonize Master Data creation and access across the enterprise
- Define a Meta-Data strategy to describe and administer data, and provide data lineage tracking ability
- Develop and maintain data interoperability standards and interfaces
- Create processes for Data Life Cycle management
- Define processes for Data Virtualization, using Service-oriented technologies
- Collaborate and communicate with team members in other areas of IT like Application Architecture & Development, BI, Data Administration, and Technology Infrastructure
- Report to Management timely outlining successes and issues including suggested solutions
Works closely with business leadership team and their management teams throughout the company to ensure proper data management solutions are in place.
- Must have strong experience with Informatica, specifically Data Quality, Power Center and MDM
- Highly effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Prior management and supervisory skills preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and Project preferred.
- Strong data analysis skills required
- Experience leading and/or managing several areas of enterprise data management required
- Strong organization and prioritization skills relating to managing multiple projects required
- Strong experience in architecting enterprise wide data modeling, database logical & physical architecture, data integration strategies, and one off data migration efforts in Oracle, SQL Server, My SQL, and NoSQL environments using generic database tools, Informatica ETL, and native ETL technologies in case of packaged applications like SAP, Siebel, etc.
- Experience with Bigdata, Hadoop, and other appliance based large data management experience
Describe the most challenging aspect of this position
Understanding all data flows and processes within the company and how they relate to “behind the scenes” within our business systems.
What type of decisions does this person have the authority to make without a supervisor’s approval?
Technical implementation within accepted standards
What type of decisions does this position refer to others for approval?
- Data and database technology evaluation and recommendation.
- Designing architectural blue prints and managing their realization through globally distributed sub-teams
What are the measures of success for this position?
- Development of and communication of responsible strategies
- Delivery by team on agreed upon timelines
- Enablement of the business to consistently view the company’s data and its management.
King of Prussia, PA 19406