Company Description: HFR, Inc. (HFR) was founded in 1992 and specializes in the areas of hedge fund/alternative investment data collection, indexation and statistical analysis. HFR is the global leader for hedge fund benchmark indices.
Responsibilities: Member of the firm’s Index team, responsible for using a variety of advanced data techniques and designing predictive modeling processes to develop new index methodologies and index families.
- Research and development of new approaches to index construction and return analysis.
- Assist with the construction, engineering and maintenance of portfolios of hedge funds for creation of strategy, sub-strategy, geographic & thematic index products
- Gathering, cleaning, and processing raw data
- Designing predictive models and machine learning algorithms to mine return data sets
- Developing tools and processes to monitor, analyze and improve data accuracy
- Building data visualization tools, dashboards, and reports
- Writing programs to systemize processes
- Assist in the design of quantitative index methodologies
- Display skills to work both independently and within team oriented environment, efficiently completing work on deadlines and effectively incorporating feedback on results.
- Degree in math, statistics, computer science or other quantitative discipline
- Experience in data science or other data analytics role
- Strong programming skills and experience with Python, R language
- Proficient with Hadoop, MySQL, Tensorflow, Spark
- Machine learning, other data modeling skills
- Self-confident, adaptable, and team oriented
- Ability to take direction, multi task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Solid written and oral communications skills
- Solid organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
HFR, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
Interested in this position?
Additional Job Details