Corporate Engineering Data Scientist
At Google, data drives all of our decision-making. Quantitative Analysts work all across the organization to help shape Google's business and technical strategies by processing, analyzing and interpreting huge data sets. Using analytical rigor and statistical methods, you mine through data to identify opportunities for Google and our clients to operate more efficiently, from enhancing advertising efficacy to network infrastructure optimization to studying user behavior. As an analyst, you do more than just crunch the numbers. You work with Engineers, Product Managers, Sales Associates and Marketing teams to adjust Google's practices according to your findings. Identifying the problem is only half the job; you also figure out the solution.
Through your professional expertise and judgement, you work on multiple projects concurrently, developing analyses, models and methods to support and verify the impact of your recommendations. You share your expertise by consulting on projects, serving on committees and mentoring team members.
The successful candidate will have practical business intelligence experience in a large scale environment and a Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Statistics or Mathematics. We are looking for someone with extensive experience in data analytics, reporting and presentation and an ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. In addition to this you should possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Apply if you are an outstanding statistician, creative thinker and a team player.
- Develop, implement and maintain a robust reporting methodology to allow Corporate Engineering department to achieve Operational Excellence goals
- Own, develop and maintain specific reporting tools in support of requirements set forth by stakeholders
- Report and analyze actionable data and observations to all impacted stakeholders
- Perform continuous improvement with respect to reporting infrastructure and reports
- Bachelors in engineering, statistics or mathematics.
- 5 years of business intelligence experience in a large scale environment.
- Modeling experience directly related to financial, risk and scenario planning.
- Knowledge of industry best practices across all IT functions in a large enterprise.
- Experience in data analytics, trending and forecasting.
- Creation of reports and presentations to various levels of management.
- Project management skills.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
Mountain View, CA 94043