Global Asset Management Firm
Trading Associate (Experience in Python, R, SAS, SQL etc)
The Trading Associate will provide redundancy to our trading desk through assisting in program trading, ADR step outs, and single security model changes. The Trading Associate will also help provide administrative support to the operations teams through the trade life cycle. In addition, the Trading Associate will work with third parties and internal resources to identify optimal trading solutions to further advance the efficacy of the trading team. This role will interest candidates who appreciate an environment that encourages curiosity, collaboration and critical thinking, and rewards employees for initiative.
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and experience trading in US and international markets and an understanding of domestic and international market structures. Specific responsibilities include assisting with trade placement and monitoring, execution allocation, and transaction communication. The Trading Associate will provide support in assisting with trade cost measurement efforts and assist with adhoc requests from the investment and compliance teams. The Trading Associate will operate under the supervision of the Trading Manager to carry out these activities.
- Two or more years of trading experience on the buy or sell side
- Background in one or multiple programming languages such as Python, R, or SQL
- Familiarity with US and international market structures, trading execution, and market data
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance, Systems, or Engineering
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills with the ability to work with sizable data sets
- Familiarity with order management systems and trade cost analysis systems
- Strong communication skills
The firm is a growing global asset management firm in Bridgewater, New Jersey, managing over $60 billion in long-only equity portfolio strategies comprised of high-quality, growing companies in developed, emerging and frontier markets. Their investment strategies are offered as institutional separate accounts, mutual funds, UCITS, and through sponsored wealth management programs. Their global client base includes leading global investment institutions, such as sovereign wealth funds, major foundations, endowments, pension plans, private family offices, and individuals.