Salesforce Data Manager
Location: This role is fully remote. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas in the U.S. or U.K. at this time.
GiveDirectly (GD) aims to reshape international giving – and millions of lives – by providing cash grants directly to the world’s poorest. The Brookings Institution estimates that $70B of cash transfers would be required to eliminate the poverty gap; the aid sector currently spends $135B each year, much of it on evidence-free interventions. GiveDirectly wants to change that, establishing cash transfers as a benchmark for foreign aid – as the index fund is a benchmark for the financial industry – and in the process accelerating the end of extreme poverty.
GD has raised over $700M since launching in 2011, delivered cash to more than 1 million people, and launched offices in 10 countries. We’ve also supported large-scale, experimental research that indicates strong recipient impact of our programs. As a result, GD has been celebrated as one of the most innovative non-profit companies by Fast Company, while the growing cash transfer movement (and GD’s leading role within it) have been featured in the New York Times Magazine, This American Life, Foreign Affairs, and The Economist.
We’re looking for exceptional talent to grow our collaborative, diverse team. Joining GiveDirectly provides the opportunity to work alongside individuals who come from 21 different countries and speak 69 different languages. We’re actively working toward an equitable and inclusive environment for all team members, and seek candidates who will bring diverse perspectives and experiences to our organization. We recruit from organizations across all industries: our team has hailed from sectors including start-ups, government, consultancies, investment banks, and nonprofits.
Across our global offices, our culture is candid, analytical, non-hierarchical, and fast-paced. We value ability, adaptability, and willingness to learn. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as performance-based bonuses.
About this role
We believe technology will play a critical role in enabling the next generation of charitable giving: from tracking dollars from donation to recipients to supporting new data models like group fundraisers and crypto. We are seeking a Salesforce Data Manager to maintain and develop the org’s fundraising CRMs (currently in SalesForce and Hubspot).
This role is an opportunity to become the technical owner of a large data set and improve the org’s fundraising efficiency by streamlining existing processes and improving usability of our data so the org can make data-driven decisions to ultimately drive more dollars to recipients. You will collaborate with leads across the org to build solutions to a variety of business needs ranging from tracking crypto donations and modeling recurring donations. You are a systems thinker who is comfortable assessing tradeoffs and deriving and communicating data-driven insights. You enjoy learning about technology in a variety of business contexts and naturally take ownership, can navigate unfamiliar settings, and enjoy both building and managing data systems.
This role is fully remote but must overlap with a New York timezone by at least 4 hours.
Reports to: Director of Product
What you’ll do:
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders including Product, Growth and Partnerships to understand their business needs and scope and assess potential new projects to inform strategic direction
- Design, build and maintain new data builds, such as a system to track attendance and impact of donor events or a way to track crypto donations through our systems
- Design and implement cross-cutting systems improvements to improve efficiency, scale, and/or donor experience
- Debug and resolve issues across our data stack, including Salesforce (our central donor data store)
- Write Salesforce Apex code to automate and improve processes
What you’ll bring:
- Alignment with GiveDirectly Values and active demonstration of our core competencies: emotional intelligence, problem solving, project management, follow-through, and fostering inclusivity. We welcome and strongly encourage applications from candidates who have personal or professional experience in the low-income and/or historically marginalized communities that we serve.
- At least 2 years of professional experience (we welcome a range of skill sets and backgrounds; related fields could include finance, data analytics, program management)
- Strong analytical skills: able to leverage tools to extract, clean, manipulate, and analyze data to make operational decisions
- Deep comfort with Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience using Salesforce, ideally with Salesforce’s Nonprofit Success package (but not required)
- Strong project management experience; comfortable managing complex timelines and multiple stakeholders
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders, including Growth, Marketing, and Finance
- Bonus but not required: experience working with relational databases (e.g. SQL)
- Bonus but not required: experience writing code (eg Python, Java, Apex)
- Bonus but not required: expertise in data visualizations
At GiveDirectly, we strive to pay our employees generously and equitably. We use an accredited third party salary aggregator to ensure that staff’s total compensation package (base compensation + bonus) falls within the 75th percentile of similar roles, at similar organizations. We also have a no negotiation policy to ensure we are paying staff equitably across roles.
- The United States base salary for this role is $99,000.
This role is fully remote, so if you are not based in the US, we will share an estimated salary benchmark for the country you are based in during the hiring process.
Why work at GiveDirectly?
At GiveDirectly, we work to ensure that you have everything you need to excel in your role and on your team, including:
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement
- A demonstrated commitment to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary
- A robust health benefits plan (exact details will vary by country)
- Unlimited PTO (that we encourage staff to take!)
- Desk allowance and flexible work location
Please note: response time to applications will be based on team capacity and may exceed two weeks
**GD is committed to observing all local, national and international laws that protect children, vulnerable adults, and basic human rights of all. GD is committed to a policy of “zero tolerance for sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (SEAH)” and expects anyone who works for GD to uphold the protection and safeguarding of our recipients as a priority.**