Manager, Data Architecture
Giftango, an InComm Company, redefines the connection between merchants and their customers through our stored value and mobile gifting solutions. As the pioneer of digital gift card delivery, Giftango helps you leverage your gift card program in new ways to drive sales. Giftango delivers digital gift cards through e-commerce, social media, promotional and B2B toolsets. eGift Cards are delivered to Facebook, email and mobile devices.
This position is located at our corporate headquarters in downtown Portland, Oregon. Please visit our website (http://www.giftango.com) for more information about Giftango.
With 113 global patents, InComm is headquartered in Atlanta and has offices in North and South America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region. For further info see http://www.incomm.com
The ideal candidate must have the ability to interact professionally in a team environment with all levels of employees and personalities. Will provide an essential service for analyzing project requirements, designing supporting dimensional models, determining database performance and storage requirements, documenting source to target data attribute mappings, and provide subject matter expertise from a data architecture perspective.
Will support both new development/project and production support, as the highest-level technology domain expert. Responsible for the assessment of business requirements; collection and identification of data attributes necessary; and the subsequent supporting OLAP data model. Envision and design the supporting data architecture that meet requirements; model the pieces of an infrastructure and their points of integration; prove the feasibility of a design; and create the design artifacts that are required to deliver and to maintain the supporting architecture.
- Collaborates with Software and System Architects as the lead resource and SME for the logical and physical design of all open source projects
- Serves as the key interface between the Architecture team, database team and business systems analysts to ensure that business requirements are fulfilled and design is successfully deployed into production
- Serves as the SME for the database infrastructure
- Serves as the point of contact for advanced level troubleshooting issues for database performs
- Collaborates in application development projects to evolve the database architecture and design
- Integrates security, high availability and disaster recovery in all solutions
- Performs complex query development as needed
- Other duties that are within education and experience or the incumbent may be assigned for
B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related major or equivalent IS/business experience
- Must have 10 + years of experience with relational and dimensional data structures, theories, principles and best practices.
- Must have 7 + years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server, (2005, 2008, and 2008r2, 2012)
- Must have 7 + years of experience with T-SQL
- Must have 5 + years of experience and an understanding, knowledge, and skills in data warehousing architecture, methodologies and tools
- Must have 2 + years of experience with Microsoft BIDS (Business Intelligence Development Studio). Development experience with SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SharePoint PerformancePoint Services
- Must have 2 + years of experience with Microsoft TFS (Team Foundation Server)
- Must have 5 + years of experience with Microsoft Office, Visio, and Project
- Ability to quickly obtain a broad knowledge of the organization, and understanding of how the company works from a variety of perspectives.
- Ability to gather, model, and transform data with the goal of highlighting useful information and recommending options
- Interaction in a business liaison role with the business stakeholders and bridging the gap between the business and IT
- Work with multiple departments on ensuring accurate interpretation of business requirements and data architecture
- Highly organized and productive, with strong prioritization abilities
- Strong sense of teamwork and cross-disciplinary collaboration
- Ability to adapt communication style, content, and format for varying circumstances and audiences of all levels and functional areas
- Ability to explain with clarity and understanding various data architecture disciplines
Portland, OR 97205