Gexa Energy, L.P., is one of the fastest-growing retail electricity providers in the nation. Gexa Energy is part of NextEra Energy a Fortune 200 company recognized as a leading clean energy provider. As we continue to grow, we need high caliber, experienced individuals to join our team. Gexa Energy has an open position for a Business Analyst I, Market Operations. The position is located in Houston, TX.
This Business Analyst role is responsible for analyzing and developing improvements to business processes, and identifying and facilitating the creation of appropriate reporting around each function. This role will serve as the subject matter expert in areas of MarkeTrak, TXSET/New Market EDI, Texas protocol, and procedures. The Business Analyst will often have to make decisions, and assist others in doing so, in matters related to the company's Market behavior. This includes forfeiture or acquisition of large amounts of usage, identifying behavior by other Market participants which merits action on our part, and developing communication which can be construed as the company's official position in the matter at hand; all while working to maintain Gexa's reputation as a responsible Market participant by ensuring our compliance with all relevant protocols.
- Responsible for identifying, reporting and resolving issues in order to capture internal processing failures which may occur during daily operations.
- Develop accurate reporting capabilities to capture Market-wide trends which affect the company.
- Assist in the development, operations, and enhancements of the systems to ensure that accurate and timely data is provided.
- Perform data corrections in coordination with internal and external individuals as appropriate for market synchronization.
- Represent company interests when attending market meetings, to assist in the revision of market processes.
- Generate test scripts, analyze test results and coordinate resolution of issues for medium to large scale projects and enhancements.
- Perform verification of system functionality to business requirements.
- Assist in developing workflow and business processes.
- Research TDSP tariffs and Market protocols to develop processes.
- Attend and lead internal and market meetings as necessary.
- Communicate regularly with cross-departmental resources and market participants.
- Must deliver accurate, concise, and timely written oral communications to supervisor and above.
- Provide training on business processes, procedures and market protocol changes as necessary.
- BA or BS degree in Business, Management, Economics, or related field preferred.
- 5+ years related experience preferred. Specifically:
- 2-3 years experience in a data management function. PL SQL skills preferred.
- 2-5 years experience in deregulated energy markets preferred.
- 2-5 years experience with current Texas SET EDI, EDEWG market protocols and procedures preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the deregulated electricity industry both in and out of Texas.
- Extensive knowledge of Texas SET transactions preferred.
- Thorough familiarity with up- and downstream dependencies pertinent to Transaction Management, and other related functional groups preferred.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Candidates should also be experienced users of MS Office applications (Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and Word). Basic Microsoft Access skills preferred.