Senior Database Administrator
Who You Are:
You will be responsible for the design, implementation, administration and ongoing maintenance of Getty Images’s database infrastructure and application DMBS’s, including process implementation and technical support. As an experienced DBA professional, you are comfortable with large scale 7/24/365 high-availability web enterprise e-commerce systems and large scale databases. Working with complex and business mission critical data-stores gets you out of bed in the morning. You have highly developed and efficient troubleshooting and problem solving skills. Being highly motivated and self-directed, you enjoy being a leader/mentor, as well as part of a geographically diverse operations team.
Your Next Challenge
- Design, implementation, maintenance, monitoring of production and pre-production environments
- Experience with high availability, fault tolerant clustered environments
- Experience with database schema design and modeling
- Provide best practice oversight & guidance for application development, (queries, SPROCs)
- Apply schema changes across environments via managed deployment operational practices
- Provide systems operational and process documentation
- Maintain data integrity and recoverability
- Establish Long range System planning, (capacity planning, DBMS life cycle management)
- Continuous and proactive performance tuning and optimization
- Program shell scripts and small web applications to automate maintenance and improve procedures
- Collaborate on investigating and resolving problems in conjunction with other OPS technical staff
- Participate in a rotating on call schedule to provide 7/24 emergency support.
What You’ll Need
- 10+ years experience as a Sr DBA with proven experience managing enterprise server farms
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server/MySQL database design, deployment and administration
- Advanced SQL language, CLR, scripting, and operational automated monitoring tools
- Experience in Active-Active high availability clustered server environments
- Experience in database life cycle management and optimization
- Familiarity with operational work management and process improvement, KanBan & ITIL
- Proven skill in troubleshooting and resolving system outages and performance degradation
- Expertise working within an agile development environment would be valuable.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is among the world’s leading creators and distributors of award-winning still imagery, video, music and multimedia products, as well as other forms of premium digital content, available through its trusted house of brands, including iStockphoto© and Thinkstock©.
With its advanced search and image recognition technology, Getty Images serves business customers in more than 100 countries and is the first place creative and media professionals turn to discover, purchase and manage images and other digital content. Its best-in-class photographers and imagery help customers produce inspiring work which appears every day in the world’s most influential newspapers, magazines, advertising campaigns, films, television programs, books and online media. Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of digital media in communications and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For the stories behind our content and our technology, visit the Getty Images Blog at blog.gettyimages.com. Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/gettyimages and Twitter at www.twitter.com/gettyimages.com.