Business Technologies & Application Systems Analyst III
Georgia Gwinnett College
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century four-year liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools. With a current enrollment of almost 10,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students within three years, including both residential and commuter students. Located in the greater Atlanta metropolitan area, GGC provides a student centered, technology-enriched learning environment. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
The Business Technologies and Application Systems Analyst III will provide technical and functional leadership in the analysis, resolution, and management of systems, applications and data. The business and application analyst III will interface with both functional and technical staff on enterprise technologies, including student information systems (Banner), financials (PeopleSoft), human resources (ADP), and other campus technologies. The analyst will work with functional staff in enrollment management, accounting, purchasing and academic affairs to complete all tasks related to business process engineering and automation of business processes, within and across units.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide ongoing support and resolution for complex technology, application and/or data issues.
- Develop reporting systems to integrate data from enterprise student and financial systems, including large-scale data modeling and mining to support data-driven academic and business decision-making.
- Work with stakeholders to optimize work flows and business processes through process re-engineering, such as end-of-month close processing, semester start and end processing.
- Serve as member of cross-unit team to support student information systems integration and data use.
- Participate on project team to upgrade, or apply patches to systems, including feature evaluation and support for functional users.
- Liaison and provide support between the functional and technical areas for system development.
- Support business intelligence initiatives, quality assurance initiatives, and institutional research.
- Support administration's compliance to regulations, policies, and audit activities via reporting and accepted best practices.
The position reports to the Associate VP for Educational Technology Development and Evaluation and works closely with the application development staff and various units across campus.
College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering.
Five to seven years job related experience, including experience with SQL queries, PL/SQL required. Prefer experience with AppWorx and/or Oracle Form.
Master's degree preferred in related field or business systems.
Prefer experience in higher education with date-intensive applications, Banner, Blackboard, PeopleSoft, ADP.
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Lawrenceville, GA 30043